Xtratime Community banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Banned
570 Posts
Btw, how old were you exactly in 2000?
Probably a toddler judging by what I've read from him on these boards so far.

Xxavi just tries to seem so football savvy. As if he watched Euro 2000. He said Zidane is a completely ineffective player for 85 minutes of a match every week.

As for the thread, Euro 2000 has obviously been the best one since the turn of the millenium, doesn't even come close. Euro 04 was ok and Euro 08 was a bit better but nothing special. There were hardly more than just a couple of good games.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Both Spain-Russia games weren't that great really, Spain walked over Arshavin-less Russia in the first game, and won the 2nd quite easily as well. Italy-France was nice for me as an Italy supporter, but France never showed up for the tournament really. The other games were excellent, but the tournament had its share of dull games as well, mostly those involving Poland or Austria, aside from the Croatia-Germany game that group was pretty poor. Sweden-Greece was appalling, Romania-France equally.

Btw, how old were you exactly in 2000?
Haha this starts again. I won't be surprised if I am older than you.

I started watching football in 1996. So yes, I watched Euro2000. I just can't remember the details all too well.

And yes, I remembered Spain-Yugoslavia and tears of Spanish fans because I believe they were knocked out after that game*

*Sorry, forgot, they were knocked out by France I think. Zidane had a nice free kick.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Probably a toddler judging by what I've read from him on these boards so far.

Xxavi just tries to seem so football savvy. As if he watched Euro 2000. He said Zidane is a completely ineffective player for 85 minutes of a match every week.

As for the thread, Euro 2000 has obviously been the best one since the turn of the millenium, doesn't even come close. Euro 04 was ok and Euro 08 was a bit better but nothing special. There were hardly more than just a couple of good games.
:thumbsup::howler:

I can bet I am older than you.
I understand you were known as Mes Que Un Club previously, correct?

Anyway, my age doesn't matter in this discussion.

·
Banned
570 Posts
That first line speaks volumes about the level of maturity you're at.

You still haven't come up with any reasons on how Euro 2008 was the best tournament in decades. Clearly no one has said that but you.

And no I am not Mes Que Un Club, whatever the heck that is.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
That first line speaks volumes about the level of maturity you're at.

You still haven't come up with any reasons on how Euro 2008 was the best tournament in decades. Clearly no one has said that but you.

And no I am not Mes Que Un Club, whatever the heck that is.
Are you one of those who feel comfortable being on the same side as majority? :)

If you didn't realize, I don't care what majority thinks. In 16 years I have been watching football, none were as entertaining as Euro2008. That's 1.6 decades for you. Nobody has said that? So what?

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
EURO 2000 is the best international tournament I have seen. A distant second is 1998 World Cup.

The 04 and 08 editions of euro didn't have enough good teams in them.

·
Registered
32,054 Posts
The England v Portugal game was the best thing about 2004.

+ the Sweden v Denmark v Italy group. :D

The Czechs with Koller and Nedved (and Baros lol) were also interesting enough to follow.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
The England v Portugal game was the best thing about 2004.

+ the Sweden v Denmark v Italy group. :D

The Czechs with Koller and Nedved (and Baros lol) were also interesting enough to follow.
I knew I forgot something.

Sweden - Denmark drew 2-2 to throw Italy out of the tournament. The only scoreline that could have thrown them out. Italy, with 5 points were the highest achieving team in Euro history to not qualify for the Quarter Finals.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
out of the 16 team tournaments Euro 2000 was definetley the best of them all.

Holland were a joy to watch in the group stages, more depth in talent across the teams compared to this years tournament (mainly because of the hosts), the semi-finals were very good and the final had an epic finish.

So far Euro 2012 has been on par with Euro 2004 and is definetley worser than Euro 2008, however if we get 2 good semi-finals and an epic final this tournament could be the 3rd best Euro's after 2000 and 1996.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
btw, Euro 2004 wasn't actually that bad it's just the boring final that ruined it.

Otherwise a solid tournament. I rememeber the England vs France match was really good for a group game and the QF between England and Portugal was probably one of the best atmosphere's I've heard in a major tournament.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
How strange!

You guys DO realise that Italy were 1-0 up for the ENTIRE match at Euro 2000, don't you? The game was very similar to the Euro 2004 final.

The only difference was that France scored in the 90th - 90th! and 108th minute.

Otherwise the match would have finished 1-0 and would have simply been labeled as 'boring Italians win again' - for once, they would have actually been right.

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
Hence the reason why it was a dramatic game. Not many finals you can say that a team was seconds away from winning only for the other team to score and then score a beauty in extra time to win it all. Plus there were certainly some good chances through out the match with both Italy (Del Piero) and France missing them. Italy's goal was class as well.

And yes, I remembered Spain-Yugoslavia and tears of Spanish fans because I believe they were knocked out after that game*

*Sorry, forgot, they were knocked out by France I think. Zidane had a nice free kick.
The very fact that you didn't Remeber what happened in this epic match says it all. Stop commenting on things you do not even have all of the facts about.

·
Registered
17,522 Posts
This thread is quite hilarious with everyone trying to make his opinion matter more than anybody elses...
Just accept that different people have different opinions. Just because someone likes A better than B and someone else likes B better than A doesn't mean that either A or B actually IS better...

·
Registered
32,054 Posts
How strange!

You guys DO realise that Italy were 1-0 up for the ENTIRE match at Euro 2000, don't you? The game was very similar to the Euro 2004 final.

The only difference was that France scored in the 90th - 90th! and 108th minute.

Otherwise the match would have finished 1-0 and would have simply been labeled as 'boring Italians win again' - for once, they would have actually been right.
Dunno what game you saw. Italy dominated the match and went ahead only in the 2nd half.

This thread is quite hilarious with everyone trying to make his opinion matter more than anybody elses...
Just accept that different people have different opinions. Just because someone likes A better than B and someone else likes B better than A doesn't mean that either A or B actually IS better...
OMG you're right, somebody close down XT..

·
CULT OF PERSONALITY
21,014 Posts
How many did Spain score to win the tournament in 2010?
8 but their style of play was not exactly cynical and ultra defensive like Argentina(the finalist I am refering too). Plus the shit footy shown by teams in that WC caused some great revolution in footy like back pass rule, 3points system. Only Cameroon provided some spark other than that meh cup.

41 - 60 of 100 Posts