Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok let´s chose the euro 11 we think will be the official and see who get´s most players right.

Oh and if you didn´t read my last post - spelling and grammar is now something of the past :)

Goalie : Francesco Toldo

Def : Lisarazu - Nesta - Stam - Cannavaro

Mid : Nedved - Davids - Zidane - Overmars

Att : Kluivert - Inza .. tsss .. kiddin - Nuno Gomes

Overall you have to say that these championships have been amazing. We´ve seen wonderful goals, individual skill and great teamspirit - Thanks to all the players who managed to do their very best after a long and hard season.

·
Ronny
1,698 Posts
My Lineup is this:

Toldo

Cannavaro Nesta

Davids Zidane Figo Nedved

Zenden Zahovic

Kluivert Gomes

Subs: Rustu, Paco, R. De Boer, Drulovic, Novak, Sukur, Dugarry

I'm sure this Lineup would lose with my tactics and all but i think this is the winning lineup of Euro 2000 :)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Svennis,I really hope you forgot Figo and Thuram...:)

Toldo (Barthez till yesterday)

Thuram Nesta F.De boer Cannavaro

Figo Vieira Zidane Nedved

Kluivert Henry

And I agree with you that this euro has been exelent but I exclude Norway,Sweden and Italy.These are not football teams and they are doing their best to ruin the whole thing.Italy is actually pretty close to make it.

D

·
0 Posts
Toldo

Thuram Nesta Stam Cannavaro

Figo Zidane Davids Nedved

Kluivert Milosevic

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sup Amo :)

No I didn´t forget about Thuram and Figo but I think that Cannavaro and Overmars have been better during these championships. Figo has played more central so I have to put him up against Zidane and it was a very hard choice but I find Zidane more stable and he really was amazing in the game against Portugal ( not to mention denmark ). The same goes for Zahovic - not thechnically a forward but rather a playmaker ( and didn´t he steal the light from Pavlin who was atleast as good ).

Thuram is great but he should play central. When I put him up against CanCan I really have to go for the pretty boy.

Milosevic is a great footballer but the goals he has scored during these championships have been 98,48% random.

You are right about Sweden and Denmark :(

P

·
0 Posts
Why is everyone so impressed by Thuram? I mean he is the best defender in the world when he plays in the centre, but on the wing he just aint no good. He was the only one to blame for the fact that the game against Spain was exciteing.

And I can't believe that so many chosed not to select the great fighter Fernando Couto, damn he was good.

Here is my lineup:
Toldo

Conceicao-Nesta-Couto-Cannavaro

Figo-Davids-Zidane-Overmars

Kluivert-Zahovic

Also here is the crapiest/sadest players in the tournament:

De Wilde

P.Andersson-Mihajlovic-Mattheus-P. Neville

Mykland-Ljungberg-Hagi-Tugay

Flo-Mijatovic

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Petter,tell me...did you see Figo while he was playing at the left during Franc-Portugal?

Thuram had the worst game I've ever seen in the first half against Spain.But in the second half he was the best player in the pitch,even better than his mazesty,Zinedini Zidane.Againast Portugal he completely erased Figo and he was attacking briallianlty all the time.Who made the exelent through ball to Anelka which resulted the 1st french goal? who was holding the whole right side of France? Svennis,Canna has been impressding but he was a right back only yesterday.He is a central defender and he would play central defender if Zambrotta wasnt sent out.

That Thuram is out of position at rigght back is true,but this doesnt mean he is not one of the best even there,and from those who play right back at the Euro,he is the best.

Svennis,Figo was playing at the left or at the right because Rui Costa was playing at the center.And I still feel he has done better then every other winger in the tournament.With the same logic,Nedved was playing central midfielder with the Czech Republic.Smicer and Poborsky were at the wings. :)

·
Registered
859 Posts
well i definately do agree with Sveniss's defence...i would put Maldini there as well as
Thuram (who did not have a great first half against Spain anyway these two would be
substitutes.)
my midfield...well i again agree with Sveniss although Nedved was so great, Figo was also
great until the french put two or three people on him....Overmas was good but then Munitis
the Spanish guy who was giving Thuram trouble would be my choice.

attack will be Kluivert and Milosevic (replacement Nuno gomes)

team:
Toldo
Cannavaro/Thuram Nesta Stam Lizarazu/Maldini
Nedved/Figo Davids Munitis/Overmas
Zidane
Kluivert Milosevic (Nuno Gomes)

Italy was so boring that i started remembering the discussions we were having about Juve during the season...well now i think Juve was just about boring but Italy was really really boring...oh My God they killed the game right from the start...i hope France scores early on Sunday

E

·
0 Posts
Toldo
Thuram, Cannavaro, Nesta, Chivu/Maldini
Figo, Davids, Zidane, Nedved/Zenden
Henry, Nuno Gomez/Savo

I don´t understand why everyone picks Kluivert. He played 1 great game against slow jugos and that´s it. Where was he yesterday? Nesta made him dissapear...

E

·
0 Posts
...and the dissapointing team of EURO:s

De Wilde/Kralj
Mattheüs, Mihajlovic, P. Andersson, Hierro
Alexandersson, Hagi, Wise, Govedarica
Flo, Raul

M

·
0 Posts
Euro Lineup:

GOALKEEPER
Toldo (after yesterday's game)/ but Barthez might get the spot back

DEFENDERS
Lilian Thuram
Alessandro Nesta
Boudewijn Zenden

MIDFIELDERS
Patrick Vieira
Zinedine Zidane
Dennis Bergkamp
Pavel Nedved

STRIKERS
Thierry Henry
Patrick Kluivert
Louis Figo

SUBS
Marc Overmars/Nono Gomes/Edgard Davids/Fabio Cannavaro/Fernando Couto/Slavo Milosevic

·
Registered
555 Posts
My line-up

Toldo
Thuram-Nesta-Cannavaro
Figo-Zidane-Davids-Nedved-Zenden
totti-Nuno Gomes

CATENACCIO FOR EVER !!!!!
Learn to appreciate defensive style of playing, at least when there are defender like Nesta, Thuram and Cannavaro in the world !

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Let's go!

Francesco Toldo:

Lilian Thuram
Fabio Cannavaro
Sandro Nesta
Paolo Maldini

Marc Overmars
Edgar Davids
Zinedine Zidane
Pavel Nedved

Thierry Henry
Nuno Gomes

FORZA AZZURRI
FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Ok:

GK:
Toldo

Def:
Thuram
Nesta
Cannavaro

Mid:
Overmars (even tho I'm not a big fan of his!)
Zidane
Davids
Nedved
Zenden

Attack:
Henry
Gomes

Biggest disappointment:
England...excluding Barry cuz he shoulda played instead on P.Neville! :mad:

D

·
0 Posts
Nesta put Kluivert in his pocket.
As for savo Milosevic ,fact is that his goals was most tap-ins but he scored 5.
Thuram was superb as well as Couto ,but Nesta and Cannavaro
were better.
Zidane is so far the best player of Euro 2000 (remember thet superb free kick against Spain)and Luis Figo was very good to,but aginst France he was nowhere.
I would like Italy to beat France in final.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts