Xtratime Community banner

Who do you prefer in the QFs?

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A possible revenge against France (Euro 84, Euro 2000, WC 2006) or Italy (WC 1994)?

Or maybe a theorically easier rival like Romania?

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
If Italy were in Spain's shoes, it would have to be Romania... because firstly they are not as good as Italy or France and secondly there is always the prospect of a win for Italy or France giving them confidence to succeed against Spain.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Romania would be the worse, I know they would almost certainly knock Spain out. All three teams are a headace but I wouldn't mind playing France and playing with authority and taking victory.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
I guess psychologically you want Romania, but the other two are easier to beat this year. :D

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess psychologically you want Romania, but the other two are easier to beat this year. :D
You never know. It's not the first time that Spain would be the theorical favourite against France or Italy. Italy always do the same, they stuggle in the group stage and then they finally make it.

Spain seems to be cursed against France. Besides, the Spanish football perfectly fits with their style.

IMO, the shirts still have some weight, so even Romania look better than the other 2, I think that Romania is the best option for Spain.

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
IMO it's better to play France or Italy. Spain would probably be too overconfident against Romania.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Oh how I wish Greenland could capture a UEFA position... then UEFA could find a reason to suspend Italy, France and Romania.... then putting Greenland in the quarter finals to play the winner of Group D :D.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
France have our number, even Brazil or Argentina dont give us problem like the French do but they really look awful right now and they dont have Zizou to wreck our world. I really dont mind them right now, they look so toothless.

As for Italy, they look way better than the French IMO but we match up well with them and they dont have Baggio (and the ref) to wreck our world :D But seriously i wouldnt mind them.

Romania i dont worry too much about honestly.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
give me france please, i want revenge from them for all the bullshit times they win against us

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I prefer Romania. I think we can break them down. They have a good defense. But our offense is very strong at the moment. Yes, France looks lost, but then again they looked lost at the last WC in the first round and remember what happened. All of a sudden they woke up against Spain. As for Italy, based on what I've seen so far, we should be able to beat them, but you never know against Italy. Romania seems the best bet.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I chose France. I want them to be on the tip of their toes throughout the entire match, no slow teasing with passings to no where.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Don't really care to be honest. Italy wouldn't be too bad though, we always have nice games, would be a good one to watch.

Even though I'd like to get revenge versus France I don't know about matching up with them. They have the most talent out of all the teams, you never know if they suddenly put together a game to match that talent. Would probably be against us.

Romania I have no clue about.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
france would be my choice,they look really awful this time.romania would have been the easiest of the three but IMO they are not going to make it

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
if France or Italy make it they will have won through tonight, the teams will be just getting the chemistry right and they will be full of confidence.

if anyone doesn't choose Romania here they are clearly insane.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
if France or Italy make it they will have won through tonight, the teams will be just getting the chemistry right and they will be full of confidence.

if anyone doesn't choose Romania here they are clearly insane.
You don't get it. We are out next round anyway. Might as well go out with a bang.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
It looks decent from our point of view now.

France would probably be without Ribery, and Domenech as a coach..

Italy will be without Pirlo and Gattuso.

Then again it is Italy... We would lose 1-0 on a 95th minute penalty.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
i think Romania will be good for Spain but looks like its Italy.
I'm sorry to say but i don't see Spain passing Italy.
Playing $hit or not, they are a great team with a lot of experience.
It will go for 1:0 Italy.
In fact, I see Italy going all the way to the final.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
2:0 Italy, so its them for sure.

BTW, Barca players have hit their "form" today, one player being sent off, the other responsible for diverting De rossi freekick into his own net... ;)

1 - 20 of 209 Posts