Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Premier League relaxes laws

The influx of foreign players to the Premiership is set to increase after the Premier League decided to end the limit on non-EU players.
Under the previous rules, only three non-European Union players were allowed to play in Premiership matches in the same side.
However, that limit has now been dropped after the decision was reached at the Premier League's annual meeting in Leicestershire.
Liverpool were one of the leaders behind the campaign to relax the laws, as they have non-EU stars Jerzy Dudek, Stephane Henchoz, Vladimir Smicer, Igor Biscan and Milan Baros all competing for the three available places in The Reds' matchday squad.
The knock-on effect of the decision is likely to be that players from Africa, South America, Asia and Australia will become much more appealing prospects to Premiership clubs.

Picture: Liverpool hitman Baros set to be boosted by ruling"

Certainly good news for us, especially with Diao (is he non EU?) and possibly Diouf joining us. By the way, anyone see Diouf against France?? Amazing.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi RM..

Well yes it certainly is good news.. for the current non EU lads.. As for Diao and Diouf.. they both hold French passports so they weren't effected..

(I'm betting EVERY CM player is thanking God now :D)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Yasir said:
(I'm betting EVERY CM player is thanking God now :D)
Apart from thinking it would help Liverpool, this was the second thing i thought of!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Me too!! Whaddagame.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hadn't thought about CM actually, but good point!

As for the real world, now I can look forward to seeing Igor Biscan being unleashed. He's been great whenever I've seen him play in central midfield. Croatia could really have done with such a powerful player in their team.

It just might be the break that Baros needs too.

It's unfortunate to have such a ruling still in the other countries. I can totally understand Alvaro Recoba faking his passport. Some mediocre foreigner with a long lost Luxembourg ancestor shouldn't have an advantage over a genuine talent, especially when the reasons are non-football related.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts