Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.African player(Rival NT in African)
2.Incredible natural speed(Can compare sprinter)
3.Excellent agility and balance

Eto"o was born 1981
Martins was born 1984

Who is better??

My choice is Martins aka :star: "Oba Oba" :star:

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
martins, i still remember how he destroyed arsenal at highbury.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Very tough decision but I have to go with Samuel Eto'o. Eto'o established himself as one of the most dangerous strikers in Spain during his time with Mallorca, he scored twice as they beat RC Recreativo de Huelva 3-0 in the 2003 Spanish Cup final. Mallorca reached the UEFA Cup fourth round and his 17 league goals took his total at Real Mallorca to 54 goals in 133 league appearances over four-and-a-half seasons. His fine form earned him a move to FC Barcelona for a fee of €24m in summer 2004. All very good for a 23 year old player. At Barcelona he hasn't stopped impressing and he is the La Liga's top goal scorer.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Martins is absolutely amazing and he would score more goals if he was played more. Etoo is lucky he has the likes of Deco, Ronaldinho, Xavi, and Giuly around him to provide the passes. At Inter, Martins does not have these creative players behind him, so he has to do it more by his lonesome. Martins is one of the best young forwards in the world, and he's a lot better than Wayne Rooney, thats for sure.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Martins is great. The fact that he is from 1984 and already so present at Inter shows that he has great skill. Eto'o on the other hand is a great player as well, but as someone mentioned he he is in a team with some of the greatest players (Ronnie, Deco, Giuly).

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Prince-O said:
Martins is great. The fact that he is from 1984 and already so present at Inter shows that he has great skill. Eto'o on the other hand is a great player as well, but as someone mentioned he he is in a team with some of the greatest players (Ronnie, Deco, Giuly).
Last year Eto'o scored 17 goals, with a team that now, without Eto'o, is trying to avoid relegation. He didn't have those great players behind him there.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
I'm quite fond of both. Surprisingly enough.

I don't think Martins has it harder than Eto'o. I guess people are forgetting about Recoba, Adriano, Stankovic, Veron, Davids, and all the other Inter players he's played with this season. They both have plenty of guys setting their goals up. As of right now, I'd say Eto'o is the better player. He has more experienced, plus he is a bit more refined in his technique.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's Eto'o all the way at the moment, but Martins is only 21, while Eto'o will soon be 24 and at this stage this relatively small gap in ages means a lot, eventially Martins may become a better player, but we have seen a lot of Nigerian players treated like future Maradona's on one day and being absolutely forgotten on the next one.

·
Registered
70,372 Posts
Andr3w said:
Martins is one of the best young forwards in the world.
I agree on that.

But don´t say that Etoo scores thanks to Deco, Ronnie and company...They help him of course, but he manages to score by himself too. And in Mallorca he scored with worse players around him.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
IMO, right now Eto'o is a level ahead of Martins, but lets not forget that Martins is younger and in a year or two he could be better than Eto'o.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Alex-10 said:
Very tough decision but I have to go with Samuel Eto'o. Eto'o established himself as one of the most dangerous strikers in Spain during his time with Mallorca, he scored twice as they beat RC Recreativo de Huelva 3-0 in the 2003 Spanish Cup final. Mallorca reached the UEFA Cup fourth round and his 17 league goals took his total at Real Mallorca to 54 goals in 133 league appearances over four-and-a-half seasons. His fine form earned him a move to FC Barcelona for a fee of €24m in summer 2004. All very good for a 23 year old player. At Barcelona he hasn't stopped impressing and he is the La Liga's top goal scorer.

totaly agree ,,

but we have to wait and see what could martins do next 2 seasons ,, because eto`s played more than him ,,

·
Registered
626 Posts
i don't know!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Eto'o is only comparable to people like Henry , Ronaldo, Adriano or Drogba.
Now Eto'o is more compete and mature palyer than a Martins, but may be in the future martins can arrive to the Eto'o level .

P.D: Dont forget that Eto'o (23 yers) still in a improvement' face phase an even is no arrive to his top.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Althought the young nigerain(martin)has great potential , but he is no where (Eto'o). Eto'o is ultimate striker and his effort is quite amazing.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts