Xtratime Community banner

Eto'o vs Drogba

988 views 29 replies 22 participants last post by  vinsea 
#1 ·
The recent results of the African Player of the Year award had Didier Drogba only two votes shy of winner Samuel Eto'o. Who do you think is better? Should the voting really have been that close?

#4 ·
Eto'o is better than him by some distance, shouldn't have been so close. Stephen Appiah should have been 2nd or at worst third--his passing is unbelievable. the best african passer of the ball after Okocha.

#12 ·
Edd 'LVS' Juve said:
Eto'o is better than him by some distance, shouldn't have been so close. Stephen Appiah should have been 2nd or at worst third--his passing is unbelievable. the best african passer of the ball after Okocha.
And yet when Appiah played for Juve, he couldn't hit a barn door with a hand full of rice if his life fuking depended on it. How does that work?

As for Eto'o or Drogba? Eto'o with one leg is better than Drogba in my opinion.

#13 ·
seriously anyone who rates drogba higher than eto'o must seriously have no knowledge of the game..

i can name african strikers that are tons better than drogba...martins, yakubu, aruna dindane, arouna kone, even odemwingie can be more useful than drogba at times..which begs the next question

how is drogba being played ahead of crespo in chelsea??

#19 ·
honestly I'd be fair, Eto'o is the best African player in a mile from Mido who himself is miles infront of Drogba, who is just another overrated player that takes too much talk when he do nothing on the field!!!

Eto'o > footballers > old woman trying to be funny with a football > Drogba

simple as this :D

Eto'o :star: :thmbup:

#20 ·
DAR said:
seriously anyone who rates drogba higher than eto'o must seriously have no knowledge of the game..

i can name african strikers that are tons better than drogba...martins, yakubu, aruna dindane, arouna kone, even odemwingie can be more useful than drogba at times..which begs the next question

how is drogba being played ahead of crespo in chelsea??
Oh come on, this goes way too far. I don't understand why everybody is so anti-Drogba. I think he was great at Marseille and at the nations cup he was very influential for the whole Ivorian team. Better than Mido? I don't agree with that. Martins? Martins is just up and coming, but nowhere near a top striker. Kone? Has only shown it at Roda JC and PSV in the Dutch league, while he has not even made a long run of games at PSV. Dindane is good, but not better than Drogba. Neither has he shown it at the highest level (Anderlecht, Lens). Odemwingie? This must be a joke...

Eto'o is the best, Drogba is great and rightfully second.

#23 ·
Mateo said:
Drogba is not a bad player, I like how he led Ivory Coast a real good captain, but he can't improve more, he's 26 or 27
Wow, somebody makes a sound point. This is true yes. Drogba is at his top age right now, so there is not much room for improvement, while Eto'o can still become better.

Oh and I want to say that personally I think that Lua Lua is better than most of the strikers DAR mentioned. That's a classy player :stuckup:

#24 ·
Prince-O said:
Oh and I want to say that personally I think that Lua Lua is better than most of the strikers DAR mentioned. That's a classy player :stuckup:
True i think that Lua Lua is actually very under-rated. He's much better than Drogba IMO.

And a comparison between Eto'o and Drogba, obviously, is non-existent. Eto'o is miles ahead no doubt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.