Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Etoo is definitely one of the 3 best striker in the world...
He is imo better than henry (who is a diva)...

he plays in the same league as striker like shevchenko or adriano...

he is working soo damn much for the team, no other striker do this...

this guy is pure class...i watched the goal against chelsea 10 times and this was simply perfect...he was coming from nothing and puttet this ball in the net...he "feeled" this ball - amazing...he was behind 2 defender and suddenly he was in front...:)

ETOO!! ETOO!! keep on this good work...

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Well, I'll answer via quick-reply here and thus briefly:
He is the best striker in the world :)

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
humphrey said:
I'll comfortably say top 5. Compared to Henry,Sheva,Adriano and may be Ronaldo (when in form).
Atm he is far better than henry and ronaldo...

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Eto'o is without doubt one of the finest strikers out there. He still, however, has a long distance to go before he becomes the best. From what I've seen, he misses too many chances. Ironically, he's the type of striker who'll score a half-chance but miss a clear-cut one. The only reason he scores so often is that our midfield do not fail in creating loads of chances every game. Nevertheless, he has the potential to be the best.

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
Barca Rule said:
Eto'o is without doubt one of the finest strikers out there. He still, however, has a long distance to go before he becomes the best. From what I've seen, he misses too many chances. Ironically, he's the type of striker who'll score a half-chance but miss a clear-cut one. The only reason he scores so often is that our midfield do not fail in creating loads of chances every game. Nevertheless, he has the potential to be the best.
great post! :thumbsup: i will only add to what barca rule said is that he is really young as he said and he has alot to learn same thing but in different words i guess :shades:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Barca Rule said:
Interesting post. If you're right, I've learned something, as I've never seen the great one play. I have an idea, but how are you defining a "half chance?" I don't quite get what you mean.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
one goal...... one season and he is already better than the likes of henry and saint_ronaldo... gimme a ****king break!

·
Registered
107 Posts
As a goal scorer, he's not as good as Ronaldo. He's better than Ronaldo in this season, however. He got the skill but he's not calm enough to be a great striker. The same to Henry. Henry is not a great striker like Ronaldo.

But Eto'o is still young and can be better.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
SambaLosAngeles said:
Interesting post. If you're right, I've learned something, as I've never seen the great one play. I have an idea, but how are you defining a "half chance?" I don't quite get what you mean.
I don't know how to define it technically, but a "half chance" is an opportunity which a player can use to score, but which you don't expect him to score from and consequently would not be greatly upset if he doesn't. The best example of Eto'o converting a half chance is his goal against Chelsea. The ball wasn't intended for him (in my opinion, at least), it seemed a difficult position to get himself into (between two defenders), yet he managed to cleverly convert the ball. There are many, many more examples of Eto'o converting similar half chances into goals.

Yet his misses are sometimes baffling... I've seen him blast an easy shot in front of goal into row zed many a time. A striker like Sheva or Van Nistelrooy would fire the assassin's bullet in such cases a lot more often than Eto'o seems to be doing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts