Xtratime Community banner

Eto'o injury

2K views 64 replies 34 participants last post by  FC Barcelona9 
#1 ·
Marca says Eto'o's injury could be between 3 to 8 weeks...

It really looked serious.

Get well soon, but don't score when you come back ;)

#2 ·
Real_Madrid said:
Marca says Eto'o's injury could be between 3 to 8 weeks...

It really looked serious.

Get well soon, but don't score when you come back ;)
dont worry we have other people who can score as well

#5 ·
Well, this means Maxi will be starting at least the next 3 games. He is a different kind of forward, he won't make a lot of runs past people like Eto'o, but he will hold up the ball so hopefully Ronaldinho or Xavi or Deco can benefit. And they will need to. Maxi has his chance, frankly we have no-one else so he doesn't need to worry about being dropped, the team just need to know how to play with him in the team.

#7 ·
I know, it's not the best news. The only upside is that the next 3 games are against teams that will play deep and defend, and a big powerful centre forward who holds the ball up will be useful, it's something Eto'o doesn't do as well. We'll need Ronaldinho to play like he did the second half there for the rest of the season. And Deco and Xavi will need to keep scoring/start scoring again respectively.

#8 ·
this seems ironic, Barça had all the chances to finish this season a long time ago! And now this happens, lets see how their confidence holds, Barça have a quality midfield that can score, but the true players that you can count are only 3 Etoo, Deco and Ronaldinho. Xavi and Iniesta were very dissapointing today, much like against Chelsea.

Now its all up to Deco and Ronaldinho, don´t count on others to score the critical goals.

#10 ·
what's all this slagging maxi lopez rubbish, he has hardly had a kick off the ball since he moved.
it's a shame about eto'o, but this is the chance maxi lopez needed,he need's to start and finish a couple of games to get his sharpness level's up,and i hope he will show us the player he can be once he get's the match sharpness.

#11 ·
Hmmm... that is bad news... I am really sorry for the guy... he deserves a medal or sth for this years performances... I hope he gets the FIFA POTY and that the injury isn't too serious (but that Barca loose the title nontheless)... get well soon!

#22 ·
This is a major blow for Barcelona. Eto'o has accounted for 36% of Barca's la liga goals this season and they might very well struggle offensively in his absence. Maxi Lopez has to show what he is capable of now, but also look out for Ronaldinho to take more goalscoring responsibilities. I suppose the only consolation in his injury is the fact Barcelona face three relatively straight-forward fixtures in the following weeks (Getafe, Malaga, Albacete).

No other Barcelona player has even managed to get into double figures in this season's goal charts, so it will be interesting to see how events unfold.

I wish Samuel Eto'o a speedy recovery, the game needs champions like him.

#23 ·
i don't think its that serious because if he hurt his cartilage on the knee its just a temporary pain. The bones in the knee would have weakened the cartilage so he wouldn't be out for too long, but if it is something else like Edilson's or Mottas..... ****....!!!!!! Maxi SUCKS

#24 · (Edited)
Maxi SUCKS
Ok, I'll edit the inappropriate remark but I still don't see where you get off claiming Maxi sucks..He has barely had any opportunity, has scored a crucial goal in the rare game where he's had more than 20 minutes and generally looks threatening every time he plays.. Try and be a bit more considered about your opinions please rather than making blanket judgements on players who haven't had the opportunity..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.