Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already opened similar topic a while ago in the "Eastern European" thread, but unfortunately it didn't brought much attention, so I decided to give it another try at more appropriate place, namely "Music" thread ;)

I'm a huge fan of jazz music, and ethno jazz in particular, so I thought here we could share our passion for good jazz music and discuss the latest releases. And if there are some great jazz musicians in your home county that you feel deserve to be known to the broader public, then by all means please share it with us.

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll start first with one of the greatest Azerbaijani jazz musician ever...
Vagif Mustafazade (1940-1979) He was regarded by many as one of the finest pianists of modern times. Blues legend B.B. King who heard him play, remarked, "Mr. Mustafazade, they call me the "King of the Blues," but if I could play the blues as well as you do they would call me "the God.""

In 1978, one year before his death, Vagif represented the Soviet Union at the World Jazz Festival in Monaco, the most prestigious jazz festival in the World, and won the Grand Prix of the festival, ivory grand piano. Another jazz legend Dizzy Gillespie who was in the jury called Vagif's music "extraterrestrial", "music of the future".

Anyway, keeping long story short, here is one of the Vagif's masterpieces, my personal favorite. Enjoy!

Vagif Mustafazade - "Dusunce" ("Thoughts")

1 - 3 of 3 Posts