Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Narva Trans

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like Narva Trans wants to build a new stadium : )
http://www.fctrans.ee/e107_images/Foto/Kalevi Stadion.jpg
Hope it will go through.

Anyone knows something about Dünamo Tallinn? Will they play Meistriliiga?
Anyway, if Dünamo will play the ten teams should be:
1. FC Flora Tallinn
2. FC Kuressaare
3. FC Levadia Tallinn
4. FC TVMK Tallinn
5. FC Valga
6. JK Dünamo Tallinn
7. JK Merkuur Tartu
8. JK Tammeka Tartu
9. JK Trans Narva
10. JK Tulevik Viljandi

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
erki89 said:
Seems like Narva Trans wants to build a new stadium : )
http://www.fctrans.ee/e107_images/Foto/Kalevi Stadion.jpg
Hope it will go through.

Anyone knows something about Dünamo Tallinn? Will they play Meistriliiga?
Anyway, if Dünamo will play the ten teams should be:
1. FC Flora Tallinn
2. FC Kuressaare
3. FC Levadia Tallinn
4. FC TVMK Tallinn
5. FC Valga
6. JK Dünamo Tallinn
7. JK Merkuur Tartu
8. JK Tammeka Tartu
9. JK Trans Narva
10. JK Tulevik Viljandi
KURESAARE ????????????????????? They wasn't promoted .......

·
1st Tier Poster
50,398 Posts
Originally it was Pärnu Tervis who was promoted, but they didn't want to join Meistriliiga (probably because of financial reasons). So Kuressaare got their place.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The first round should be:
06.03.2005 14:00 FC TVMK Tallinn - FC Valga
06.03.2005 17:00 FC Flora Tallinn - JK Merkuur Tartu
06.03.2005 17:00 JK Tulevik Viljandi - FC Kuressaare
06.03.2005 17:00 JK Tammeka Tartu - JK Dünamo Tallinn
06.03.2005 17:00 JK Trans Narva - FC Levadia Tallinn

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Does anyone know if Tiit Tikenberg is still playing for Kuressaare ??

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think he plays for JK Kalev. Im not sure tho.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
erki89 said:
I think he plays for JK Kalev. Im not sure tho.
Pity. He was very good forward.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
50,398 Posts
I stole Fobal Klub's idea and added a poll to this thread. I put only four clubs there because others don't have a realistic chance anyway.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Andy Christ, I can't vote on this poll because there's no option FC Kuressaare ;)

·
1st Tier Poster
50,398 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if the first round is suspended. Weather predictions doesn't show good conditions for playing football: -10 to -15 degrees and heavy snow next week.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think TVMK will get the title this time. I wouldn't be surprised if Flora won't get even a medal.

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Tuesday, 1 March 2005

By Margus Luik

The 2005 Estonian Meistriliiga season kicks off earlier than ever this year, on Wednesday 2 March, with a game between JK Trans Narva and FC Levadia Tallinn. Then, the following Sunday, the first full round of matches will be played.

Bigger and better?
The reason for the prompt start is the Estonian Football Association's (EJL) decision to expand the top flight to ten teams and schedule an unprecedented 36 rounds of fixtures (more even than in the days of a 14-club first division). The EJL says the greater number of games will help the players develop but it remains to be seen if the inclusion of debutants JK Tammeka Tartu and two semi-professional sides, FC Kuressaare and JK Dünamo Tallinn, will raise standards.

Striking signings
Title-holders Levadia will begin as favourites. Tarmo Rüütli's team have sold Eduard Ratnikov to Bulgarian side PFC Beroe Stara Zagora and parted company with retired Argo Arbeiter, Mati Pari and Maksim Rotškov. To offset that, however, the signings of international forward Indrek Zelinski and Lithuanian striker Martynas Karalius should keep the club strong.

Sights on Europe
"Our aims are to stay on top of the Estonian Meistriliiga and to progress at least one round in the UEFA Champions League qualifiers this summer," said Rüütli. "We had a positive European experience last time around."

Ins and outs
Last season's runners-up, FC TVMK Tallinn, may again be Levadia's main rivals. Losing international midfielder Liivo Leetma to Finnish side FC KooTeePee and the release of veterans Toomas Kallaste and Andrei Krolov have been compensated by the arrival of experienced Lithuanians Tomas Rimas and Gintas Širmelis while international defender Erko Saviauk has signed from FC Flora.

Youthful Flora
Seven-time champions Flora cannot be counted among the favourites for the first time with a host of key players having left – internationals Saviauk (to TVMK), Enar Jääger (FC Torpedo Moskva), Joel Lindpere (PFC CSKA Sofia), Ragnar Klavan (Vålerenga IF), Meelis Rooba (USA), Marko Kristal (retired) and possibly Kristen Viikmäe (Fredrikstad FK). They are replaced by youngsters from the club's youth system.

Trans and Merkuur challenge
Trans have kept a low profile and have trained hard under Valeri Bondarenko, while JK Merkuur Tartu have signed several players and appointed Russian Grigory Yevtushenko as head coach.

Surprise package
Both clubs might be considered contenders, although the recent resignation of president Tõnu Rüütel hints at some problems at Merkuur. So perhaps the surprise package will be JK Tulevik Viljandi, where new coach Marko Lelov is building an interesting-looking team with the same squad as last season.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts