Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
49,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after beating Slovenia in Ljublana :cool: we actually have a small chance to qualify for playoffs but we have to win both matches with NIR...not likely to happen but who knows...:undecide:

one important absentee is Dmitrjev who is out with yellow cards.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you only had beaten the Faroes :wallbang:
for some reason I have a feeling we would have lost to Slovenia then

but yeah yesterday's match was great

one really weird moment while watching the match: 2 minutes before Piiroja's own goal I said to a friend: "I bet he scores own goal today" :scared:

it's pretty amazing that we actually have a realistic chance to make it to the playoffs...of course I don't expect this to happen, we'll most likely draw 0-0 in Belfast and miss a last minute penalty or something...but still there's every reason to be pleased with this campaign

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
What? You didn't beat Faroes? That sucks, but I remember Slovenia qualifying on WC '02 despite playing 2-2 there. :proud:

Anyway, you need to win there and then hope Serbia doesn't get more than a point against Italy and Slovenia?

It's also a shame you didn't win against Slovenia at home, too much respect for them? This Slovenia side is shit. The last good game they played was against Russia 2 years ago, and that 1st half against USA on the WC. I'm cheering for you now, I hope we beat the Serbs in Maribor.:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts