Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Waaay to bad that you lost your WC qualfication against Greece,which more or less had the same players at Euros qualification some months later,where you again didn't win at the home game.Now if you consider your narrow win against Faroes convincing...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
We're bad,why I shouldn't admit it?Therefore you say that it would be a failure if Estonia loses to Greece.I'm repeating,a failure for Estonia if they lose to Greece.Your criteria were Euros qualification.However lately we've won against Australia,Netherlands (does this mean that if France don't do today they are worse than Greece?) and 2 in a row for WC qualifiers.Honestly I don't even expect to us to finish second,but your logic is bias.

·
General Iordanescu
28,607 Posts
Sure I'm biased, I'm jealous such a defensive team such as Greece ever won the Euros.

Again, because it's defensive, not because they're Greek.

**** Portugal too while we're at it in the Estonia thread :D

Oh, you beat Australia, well that's wonderful. Maybe you can beat Iran next, too. And, if all stars align, Panama.

There is roughly one team that matters outside Europe and South America, and that's Mexico. Every once in a while you get a decent African team, too.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I mean let's keep in mind that our squad has only 2 players who are decent (by European standards)...Vassiljev and Klavan. Two other guys (Teniste and Mets) are currently playing in Norway and maybe if they work hard and have a little bit of luck they could some day go to a bigger league.

None of the others could hack it even at English League One level...several of them have tried (Zenjov, Ojamaa, Aksalu) and failed.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
And we get the job done with the old-fashioned way.Sokratis and Torosidis both had to be substituted by the 15th due to injury,Samaris was injured and not even on the bench and Fortounis got also injured against Cyprus.So by today's standards,I'm satisfied enough even though we didn't convince.Scoring early away also means automatically that you're forced to defend til it's over.Hadn't hit the post and missed a header within 5 meters of the net could have guaranteed the win earlier.

Vassiliev is class.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Greece defended pretty well and avoided risks.

Overall an entertaining game where we occasionally showed some pretty good combinations...but it was always going to be an uphill battle to salvage something from this game, given that we conceded a goal so early.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
At some moments, our game brought back some memories from Euro 2012. Vassiljev and Klavan was at their best yesterday

1 - 12 of 12 Posts