Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
49,717 Posts
:howler:

joke of a list

why the heck is Rjabov at 9th? a Russian born here who played in a Soviet league...why not consider Karpin "Estonian" as well then? Also if Rjabov is to be considered an "Estonian" then he must be way higher...realistically he might well be the best player on the list with Poom. But of course his impact on Estonian football is zero so he should be left out.

all those 1st republic players from 20s and 30s...well it's hard to comment on them or compare them with modern players...none played on a decent level in foreign clubs (Pihlak the so-called "Vienna pro" was there like a couple of months and apparently not a success) . I think overall they seem rated way too high.

Mõtsnik at 12th is of course another complete joke...Soviet 2nd division FFS. Maybe he was by far the best Estonian player of his era but we had no football to speak of back then. The same sort of applies on another 80s "legend" Hepner too who in his late 20s when the borders opened became simply a very average Finnish league player.

That said, top 4 is IMO spot on. 5th I'd put Vassiljev as his impact on the NT has been invaluable even if his club career is a bit meh.

Reim at 16th seems shockingly low considering his impact for the NT through the 90s.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Talking about Rjabov and Karpin I think Igor Netto belongs to same company. Apparently, he even talked estonian a bit

What regards Mõtsnik, I think here is same case as with Kass and Tipner. Their popularity from fans were pretty similar and shows them as greatest players of their era. And about Tipner, it is almost a factually proved quote, that he was considered as one of the greatest goalkeepers in whole Europe in the 30s

·
1st Tier Poster
49,717 Posts
i agree about Tipner being top 3, he was a legend in his era

some other choices are weird though...Dmitrijev as low as 55th, after Olumets and Rajala? and Kaalma lol... strange...

overall this list is a depressing reading

·
1st Tier Poster
49,717 Posts
my top 10 lists of contemporary players:

by NT impact:

1. Vassiljev
2. Poom
3. Oper
4. Reim
5. Piiroja
6. Klavan
7. Zelinski
8. Pareiko
9. Jääger
10. Dmitrijev

by club career:

1. Poom
2. Klavan
3. Oper
4. Pareiko
5. Lindpere
6. Piiroja
7. Vassiljev
8. U. Rooba
9. Jääger
10. Stepanov

·
Registered
41,681 Posts
POOOM.

I saw Mart in The Eagle Center a few years back. He looks even more retarded irl. Decent keeper on his day.

I like this...
2006–2007 Arsenal - 1 (0)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts