Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Setanta Sports, Valencia’s Mestalla is Europe’s noisiest stadium.

Here’s what they have to say:

1. Mestalla, Valencia
The Mestalla is far from the biggest ground in Spain with a capacity of only 55,000, but its steeply banked terraces rise out the ground like sheer rock faces. The masses packed into Real Madrid’s Bernabeu and Barcelona’s Camp Nou struggle to generate a fraction of the intensity seen at Valencia.

How cool is that? Amazing. The Mestalla has only got 19 games left before they move to Nou Mestalla. So guys, you better make the most of it.

And to think we are noisier than Anfield, San Siro, Camp Nou! Amazing!

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Too bad we had the shittiest record possible last season.

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
I dont believe that mestella produces more noise then the staduims of fener/Gala and especially Besiktas, or an Olympiacos/Panathinaikos for example.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
I'm sure those stats weren't taken last season ;) It was extremely dull, and fair enough too. Either way, i don't think Mestalla is the loudest, the Greeks, Croats and Turks, are louder.

·
*the drum drum*
43,001 Posts
Besiktas fans at Inonu were clocked as the loudest fans and hold the world record for the decibels they produced at the stadium.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Devil:pp

Anyway Mestalla fans are rich old people who love peanuts:pp

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
One thing is for certain, we have one of the most impatient, unsatisfied fans out there. A single bad ref call and their on the refs back for the rest of the game.

I don't know about loud, the only time I turn the volume down is when Madrid, Barca or any big rival comes and they have the ball. The whistles are just a pain in the arse :pp

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
This season I turned the volume down as well, the commentator making fun of Valencia:(

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
The Egyptian Bastard:(

I don't remember tbh:D

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yussuf Saif is the best commentator ever. Mestalla, what are you on? Egyptian dude messes up his names sooooooooo much. I remember him calling every other player Angulo last season. :pp

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Well if call right, there were atleast two Egyptian commentator on Al Jazeerah, one who usually comments on stupid Atleti matches and the other guy who interchanges with Yussuf Saif in the Classicos and other big matches (he also hosted al-Hakkam al Khamis). I'm talking about the latter. The former Atleti dude doesn't even know which team is Atleti and which isn't :lala:

Yussuf Saif is good in hyping up shit but when it comes to commentating about players or tactics, the guy is extremely limited. And even if you give him a thousand replays of a clear dive, the muppet still thinks it's a penalty :dielaugh:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Eh, none of the non-Yussuf Said ones are particularly memorable to me so I don't think I'm recalling the correct Egyptian one.

Yes, Yussuf doesn't know shit about tactics and players, but he's a million times more entertaining than the other commentators who go for the whole play-by-play commentary, which I think is dull. Honestly, his over excitement at anything and everything is endearing and adrenaline-pumping. As well as that, his random history lessons are fvcking hilarious. :pp

Fially, he seems a lot more pro-Valencia than the rest. :)

Edit: And we all know that the quality of a commentator is measured by the length of his "Goaaaaal" shouts. Yussuf Saif is second to none when it comes to that. ;)

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
HangoverDays that's exactly why I prefer Yussuf Saif over the annoying Egyptian who can't stop talking about Barcelona, even when Valencia is playing fcuking Almeria or so.

There's another awesome commentator, the Egyptian guy they got from AD sports (he used to be on AD sports), that guy is a poet. Watch Juve - Milan 3-2 if you can, he's a fcuking P-O-E-T.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts