Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lyon midfielder Michael Essien is keen to replace Roy Keane at Manchester United. (Daily Mail)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i havent seen this guy play, how would u guys rate him? do u think hed be able to adequately replace keano?
how much would he cost?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hah ive just realised that ive been signed up to this forum for bout 4 years now and only have 178 posts up,
quite pathetic no?

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Essein is very very good from what seen him this season. He had a very impressive performance against Werder Bremen in the CL. He looks hard as nails, big and controls midfield with authority, looks like the best candidate available to fill the irishmans patch.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
He is a superb player and would be great as a DMC/MC for us. That was a COME AND GET ME PLEA FOR UNITED yesterday, and now its up to the board to finish the deal. Hopefully they won't screw it up.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
the price is the stumbling block, will the PLC let Fergie splash £15m on another French-based midfielder ?

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Essien is a gun player. Now the only two questions that will need to be answered are:

1. Will United act fast and sign him?
...and
2. Will he be able to play as well in the EPL as he is in the French League?

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
i hope hes good :shades:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
i can see it right now... he will be like jemba jemba and u will sell him to villa in 2 seasons...

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Drogba and Kezman, Mourinho should hire Ranieri as his talent scout. ;)

seriously, Essien is far far better than Djemba ever was, the only thing they have in common is their position, the country they played in and they are both from the same continent.

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Essien would be a dream signing, but I have the opinion that we should sign Juninho as well.....He would cover our set pieces problems

_________________________Frey

________G.Neville_______Ferdinand______Brown_______Hienze

____________Juninho________Essien________Scholes

__________________Rooney _________ Ronaldo

___________________Ruud Van Gooalstrooy

but the only realistic way we can sign Essien is bringing in La Guen as a manager and move Alex Ferguson upstairs.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts