Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is the chance of Esquerdinha (Zaragoza) sign for Benfica next season. Benfica would just need to pay his wages (€55.000/month) if he comes on loan, which seems to be more probable. His transfer would cost €2M, not very expensive but Benfica is saving money for other players, although Filipe Vieira said this season that Benfica wanted to end with loaned in players. Esquerdinha is not settling in Spain and he wants to come back to Portugal.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Another Brazilian wing-back may sign for a big portuguese club, as a person next to his president and agent said to TSF. His name is Paulo César (age 23) from Fluminense and it's no surprise if he's included in sort of an exchange with Roger (who will return in the pre-season). Most probably if he comes is that Esquerdinha or any other won't come.

Two chances here:

1) Caneira is staying but he may move to the centre.

2) Caneira won't stay.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Well ... IMO Esquerdinha was one of the key protagonists of Porto's successes in the late 90ties ... It'd be great to see him at Da Luz

I don't know that Fluminenseguy ... but I am still trustful in Roger's talent and skills and I'd like to see him back in Lisbon.

BTW: What about Uribe? ... he's playing a good season with Huachipato in Chile ... while Escalona does not seem to have a big deal with River Plate and only played one game this year. Whom of em will return?
Are there still any rumours about De La Pena? His contract expires when the season ends and I'd love to add a pic of him in a Benfica shirt to my avatar. ;) He's the most brilliant offensive midfielder I've ever seen ... his passes are incredible ... so come on Benfica ... you can get his services for free!!! :stuckup:

M

·
0 Posts
I d like to see all of the above at Benfica. im listning to Portugal-Engalnd game on the radio. Miguel seems to be involved a lot,

·
Registered
642 Posts
Roger is set to return for the next season.

What about dat monkey we had called Rojas who is on loan at River, I saw him score a beauty againt Boca the other day. Hes apparently a big hit over there - shouldnt we cash in on him?

I dont know the terms of his contract at SLB, but i think hes pretty old - if we could get some dosh for him, it would be nice.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's good to remember Escalona. But difficult, too... he was always sent off and I quite don't remember him. Escalona and Rojas won't return anymore. When Christian Uribe gone to Benfica he was loaned, then he returned to his club again.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Same here ... he's turning to a real :star: at Huachipato.

·
International
5,629 Posts
God help us Benfica fans if management goes out and gets Esquerdinha. He's past his prime and hasn't had a decent season in 3 years. Just play Jorge Ribeiro on the left and move Caneira to Center where he belongs. Have you guys seen him play in the U-21 at center. He's so impressive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts