Xtratime Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
541 Posts
I've been watching some of the games on Canada's CBC network and you wouldn't believe the difference. Total class. BBC feed, Bob Lenarduzi and Jason de Vos in the studio. They know what they're talking about, they have a telestrator to diagram plays, and a minimum of cliches.

That said. I am grateful to ESPN for their coverage. Not all viewers are as knowledgeable as the posters here. The fact that they covered every game is just amazing. JackenTy almost grew on me. At least they were enthusiastic. And Stone is trying to appeal to the teenybopper viewer. It could be worse. I used to go to a theater and sit among chain smoking Easter Europeans before 1982. We are blessed. ESPN has an announcer, Derrek Rae, that did an outstanding job in 98. In the 1st round. I think he does the Revs games.

Just remember ABC just signed John Madden to do Monday Night Football. He's so awful, I won't watch. He's a clown. That's what the networks think American viewers want. Dennis Miller was too smart for the typical American jock sniffer. Only people with IQs higher than room temperature understood his jokes.

It could be and has been worse. I recommend sending ESPN an email telling them how much you appreciate the coverage. Also be critical of who they have doing the games.

I get a lot of static from the hockey fans at work that don't like me calling defensmen, fullbacks, or Dominick Hasek as the keeper.

· Registered
541 Posts
Stone really cares about the game and our national team. I bet he's had to put up with a lot of crap from the rest of the ESPN announcers. He's been in his glory the last month and deserves to rub the arrogant :ass: in Bristol, Conn. noses in the ratings they've gotten. They now have the record for middle of the night broadcasts.

I wonder if MLS recouped any of what it paid for the rights to the WC. They hold them for the 06 games in Germany, too.:greed:

· Registered
541 Posts
BHAM! Gawd, I almost feel sorry for the schlup. Naw.:D He's got it coming. Absolutely, Derrek Rae is the best soccer play by play man ESPN's got.

The Washington Post article also had some great links to go to. A gallery of kewl photos. Great screensavers. One shows the ball on the goal line with the Germans arm right there. Swine call.

You know, one thing has me sort of ticked. We took getting eliminated too well. We weren't pissed at all. Well, we had a great run, but that was Germany. We outplayed them but they move on and we're done. :) :) :)

Cow pucky.:eek: :mad: I'm mad. We should have won that game. We should be calling for a nuke strike on Scotland. Maybe our own city in Texas should be nuked just for having the name Dallas. The nerve of that Scottish prig. If that had happened at the other end of the field, I bet he would have given his Eurotrash pals a pk. But, we cant' give these upstart Yanks a free goal. Just because a little Teutonic hand kept the ball from crossing the goal line and giving these Americanisch a legitimate goal.

Dammit we deserved a shot at a goal. That hand ball kept us from scoring. That alone justifies us getting a second chance. See if Kahn measures up to Friedel.

I demand satisfaction. Bring the Scottish Nats over here for a friendly.
:devil:
Operation mayhem will be childs play with what I've got in mind.
:fero: :fero: :eek: :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.