Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dani Sanchez Llibre has requested the LFP to suspend the next Liga round. Denilson (Betis) agrees with the Espanyol president.

Other reactions:
- Laporta (Barça president): "The best would have been to postpone the Celtic match"

- Real Madrid express "their most felt condolences to the victims"

- Manzano (Atlético coach): "The best thing we can do is to demosntrate against terrorism"

- Ortí (Valencia president): "Now football is secondary" (about tonight UEFA Cup match )

- Cerezo (Atlético's president): "I want to leave all now"

- José Luis Astiazaran (Erreala president): "I'm awfully affected"

- Llaneza (Villarreal manager): "It's a horrible moment for all"

- Irureta (Deportivo coach): "I'm very impressed and very affected"

- Víctor (Deportivo player): "We can't live under the violence, that's unfair"

- Osasuna ask "for the union of all who trust in democracy"

- Betis make a call to finish with terrorism

- Sevilla postponed all the public acts "to show their pain for the horrible terrorist act in Madrid"

- Racing Santander cancel all its official acts

- Fernando Vázquez (Valladolid coach): "My players feel indignation"

- Serafin Roldan (Malaga president): "This is silly, a brutality"

- Celta Vigo show their condolences to the victims.

- Rayo Vallecano cancel all their activities in El Pozo (a place where a bomb has exploded)

- Deportivo Alaves show their rejection to the act and solidarity with the victims.

more info:
http://www.marca.com/atentado/

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
To add, Athletic has cancelled all the official acts planned for today, including a chat with Julen Guerrero in the official page and the press conference after the training. The president has condemned the attacks in the official page http://www.athletic-club.net/ampliar.asp?noticia=1717&idi=1 and has asked all the athletizales to go to the demonstration that will take place at 8pm in front of Bilbao´s city council.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Txupa said:
To add, Athletic has cancelled all the official acts planned for today, including a chat with Julen Guerrero in the official page and the press conference after the training. The president has condemned the attacks in the official page http://www.athletic-club.net/ampliar.asp?noticia=1717&idi=1 and has asked all the athletizales to go to the demonstration that will take place at 8pm in front of Bilbao´s city council.
Thanx Txupa... perhaps I miss that one. :depress:

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
The argument of playing is always about not giving into the terrorist and that life most continue in order to show the cowards that they won't have the desired effect.

But to me that argument makes little sense when it comes to Sports. I have not even a desire to talk about the game right now.

God Bless.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
the football association have no excuse to not to postpone all the matches in spain. they may say the matches of uefa cup affect other foreign teams. but la liga is our own matters. no excuse! i hope it will be postponed until the venue is settled.

tribute all the matches in spain to the victims.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I agree from a moral stand point that no games should be played but from a logistics view they may not have any choice but to play with a busy foothball calendar and Euro 2004

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Che said:
I agree from a moral stand point that no games should be played but from a logistics view they may not have any choice but to play with a busy foothball calendar and Euro 2004
Who cares about Euro... why don't RFEF and UEFA understand it? Is this so hard to understand?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts