Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Espana is nothing!!!

first of all, i wanna make clear that is "espana" spain national team in short form? :confused::D
in the chinese community, we generally call spain national team "espana".

as you know, catalunya have their own regional team in barcelona, euskadi also have their own in basque as well as galician in the north and probably many many others i dunno.
how centripetal espana is splitted into four. :cool:
maybe i had better not focus on this too much because it refers to history factors.
but problems are still there.

why catalunya can disallow espana to use their stadium camp nou?
imo, who have right should have obligation.
fc barcelona run so well because of la liga. (or say they can't form a league within their own community by themselves.)
if capable, they can do it with espanyol within barcelona. in fact, they can't because uncapable.
their participation into la liga should pay back by allowing espana to use their camp nou!

meanwhile most of the rest clubs even compete for espana's choice as the home stadium.
others see their stadiums as the home as proud. of course we know catalunya would not do so. but this is not the problem.
imo, to allow espana to use camp nou is their obligation, but not their willingness and choice!

moreover, the existence of euskadi and galician regional teams either make spaniard deemphasize the spain nation team.
if this situation keeps on going, spanish football and the nt will never succeed, right?

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Re: Espana is nothing!!!

Real said:
first of all, i wanna make clear that is "espana" spain national team in short form? :confused::D
in the chinese community, we generally call spain national team "espana".

as you know, catalunya have their own regional team in barcelona, euskadi also have their own in basque as well as galician in the north and probably many many others i dunno.
how centripetal espana is splitted into four. :cool:
maybe i had better not focus on this too much because it refers to history factors.
but problems are still there.

why catalunya can disallow espana to use their stadium camp nou?
imo, who have right should have obligation.
fc barcelona run so well because of la liga. (or say they can't form a league within their own community by themselves.)
if capable, they can do it with espanyol within barcelona. in fact, they can't because uncapable.
their participation into la liga should pay back by allowing espana to use their camp nou!

meanwhile most of the rest clubs even compete for espana's choice as the home stadium.
others see their stadiums as the home as proud. of course we know catalunya would not do so. but this is not the problem.
imo, to allow espana to use camp nou is their obligation, but not their willingness and choice!

moreover, the existence of euskadi and galician regional teams either make spaniard deemphasize the spain nation team.
if this situation keeps on going, spanish football and the nt will never succeed, right?
Mmm... you have entered in an issue that is very hot even now in Spain. It's really difficult to explain this to someone who doesn't know well the history of this country since long long ago.

First of all, the Nou Camp is a property of the F.C. Barcelona, so this institution can allow other team or not to play in their stadium. No one, even the state in a democratic country, can go into your house to do what you have to do with your things.

Secondly, have you questioned if the RFEF (Spanish federation) has asked Barça for the stadium? In fact, they don't ask for the Nou Camp because the NT can't full it. Last time the Spanish NT came to Barcelona went to Montjuic and they sold only 6000 tickets until 2 days before the match was played, they finally had to give the tickets for free and I think they had 20000 people there... in a stadium of 60000 people. Just imagine how cold can be the Nou Camp with the 100.000 seats. You can imagine that's because of political issues, but ask in Madrid how many people went to see the last match in the Calderón. I think there was much more immigrants of Equador than Spanish people.

Barcelona and Madrid are saturated of football. Both teams have 2 clubs in Primera and they can see 2 or 3 matches per week of Primera or international competitions. When the NT plays a qualifying match for an Euro or a WC, the interest is low, the TV audience is low. Imagine this in a friendly against a poor rival. No one cares about it. In Spain, clubs come first and the NT is secondary... in Catalunya, in Euskadi, in Galicia... and in Madrid too.

Third, Montjuic is not the stadium of Espanyol. The Olympic Stadium is owned by the City of Barcelona, it is public. In this case, perhaps the city has asked the RFEF for a match there or maybe the RFEF has asked the city to organize a match there. Espanyol plays in a public stadium, so they can't take any decision here.

Fourth, I'm very proud to see the Catalonian NT, I wish they could play in international competitions... just like Wales or Scotland. It's not an issue of success or not, it's an issue of feeling represented. I'm Spanish, but my nation is Catalunya, my flag is the logo you see in your screen in the left. I don't hate Spain, i'm not nationalist, I don't want the independence, but I don't think Spain is a nation. The fact of loving Catalunya doesn't mean I hate Spain. I'm tired of this stupid stereotypes that still exsist in my country... and, as I see, around the world. I'm sure that the same goes for the Basques... they have a different language, a different culture, etc., but some of them will be nationalistic and some won't. Just like anywhere in Spain. That's not so hard to understand. Besides, all the ideologies are valid, if they are respected. The important thing is to reach an agreement and try to find solutions to this issues.

Finally, I don't think that the problem of the failure of the NT in big events is the Nou Camp or the Basque and Catalonian NTs. The problem is having a league with 38 matches + the Copa del Rey + European Competitions, so most of our players finish the league with a lot of matches over their shoulders. Besides, La Liga finishes normally later than other leagues, so the time to prepare those events is shorter. Finally, the priority, even for the players during the whole season is the club, not the NT. Why? Because the press, the fans and everything supports the clubs (which have no problem of success) over the NT. I feel better if Barça wins to Real Madrid than if Spain wins Italy. I feel happier if we win a CL, than Spain wining the Euro. What can I do? Should I kill myself?

Things are usually more complex than what they seem.:)

·
Registered
966 Posts
No offense Real, but you really don't know what you're talking about. I think Koeman4 explained it very well, so I don't have many things to add.

By the way, 'España' is 'Spain' in Spanish, not just the short form for Spain NT.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for my misunderstanding and lack of knowledge about the above issue. :)
I hope you realize i'm not going to offend anyone related and i just ask and say what i think.

Sorry.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Real said:
Sorry for my misunderstanding and lack of knowledge about the above issue. :)
I hope you realize i'm not going to offend anyone related and i just ask and say what i think.

Sorry.
No problem... at least for me. Perhaps I've been too hard, but this is an issue very hot in Spain. I don't like stereotypes and I just tried to explain it as good as possible. It's something difficult to understand since this is a Spain's problem since long ago, we've had wars, dictatorships, deaths,... even now, still there's people dying because of this. The only thing is that there's not only one truth and everything can seem more complex. This is not an issue of the good people and the evil people.

I don't have any problem in answering any question. Sorry I seemed rude, it wasn't my intention.

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts