Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This quote made me think of it

Koeman4 said:
Madrid is in deep shit, it's a broken team with no soul. At least, you can feel safe for the CL, because the ones that come from behind are very irregular too and the 8 points should be enough.
A crap team like Madrid still second :googly:
I know Juve is up there 10 points as well but Milan, Inter, Fiorentina, Roma etc. are all playing much better soccer than the likes of Valencia nowadays. Would Madrid actually fight relegation for example in Italy ?
Barcelona, the one and only Spanish quality team right now ?

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
well the english league can't be upto much either ,chelsea have been poor recently and still well ahead .

·
Registered
69,729 Posts
Macumba said:
Would Madrid actually fight relegation for example in Italy ?
That´s exagerated. But this sad Madrid shouldn´t be 2nd in Spain in normal conditions.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
its easily the most attractive league to watch. the title race this year isnt overly exciting because barca had such a great run, but the relegation battles and the one for fourth place is still exciting. and no, madrid would not battle against relegation in serie a thats ridiculous....madrid and valencia now are having bad patches, milan, inter and roma have all had them this season

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Macumba said:
This quote made me think of it

A crap team like Madrid still second :googly:
I know Juve is up there 10 points as well but Milan, Inter, Fiorentina, Roma etc. are all playing much better soccer than the likes of Valencia nowadays. Would Madrid actually fight relegation for example in Italy ?
Barcelona, the one and only Spanish quality team right now ?
Actually, i have been thinking the same. Noone can argue Barcelona's class, but Valencia and Real are playing like sh!t and they still manage to be fighting for the second place.

Even in the Valencia forum they are wondering what the hell are they doing in the second spot.
Not to mention the fact that Quique Flores and Lopez Caro will probably be out of their respectives teams for the next season.
Still, and as a neutral fan as i am, i enjoy watching La Liga.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
I don't think Madrid being second is an indication that La Liga is over-rated, as Real still have talent that can win games.

Even with the problems we have, a team with such talent is always expected to pick up points.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Surely, having a number of teams who, on their day, can beat the biggest pre-favourites makes La Liga unpredictable and entertaining.

But that said, there's only one genuinely great team in La Liga this season, and that's both novel and pretty weak.

·
Registered
522 Posts
some of the bigger clubs in spain are having a poor season (transition period?), but one not-so-great year does not mean anything, considering the fact that primera liga teams were mainstays in the latter stages of europe for quite some time....

and yet, even when people say the primera liga is having a poor season, there's still 2 spanish teams in the quarter finals, which is one more than the epl...

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Personally, I think there is more depth in La Liga than in any other league, there are at least 10 teams that I consider difficult opponents for Barca. I would not say the same for Chelsea or Juve or Bayern or Lyon, for example. :D

There is more to a league than who is on top, you know. :D

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
GICA said:
But this sad Madrid shouldn´t be 2nd in Spain in normal conditions.
I agree but they benefited from a string of 7 or so straight wins while everyone else beat on each other. Without that streak, a weird streak, they wouldn't be close to a CL spot.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
I think there is more depth to la liga as well personally .Their sides near the bottom would still beat the shit out of the english sides near the bottom of the premier league.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Spanish teams have definately dropped in quality in the last few years. However, I wouldn't say the league is over-rated. It is still exciting to watch and there is quality there, no doubt. We do still have two teams in the CL, so we can't be that crappy right now.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
La Liga is my league, I can not complete 5 minutes watching other leagues games if there was not an Argie player involved and of course not the likes of Scaloni at West Ham!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
The only bad thing about Spanish football is their NT. Wich is the result of many foreign players and offcourse the whole Catalan issue.

I remember Luis enrique screaming Barcaaaaaaa when he scored with spain :rolleyes:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Nova said:
The only bad thing about Spanish football is their NT. Wich is the result of many foreign players and offcourse the whole Catalan issue.
The NT is clearly below the level of La Liga, that's true. Of course, the fact of having foreigners don't help much, but I guess it's the same for Italy and England. And the Catalan issue don't affect the NT at all.

I remember Luis enrique screaming Barcaaaaaaa when he scored with spain :rolleyes:
Ok, this is new to me. When did this happen?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.