·
Registered
10,724 Posts
I've done it, and it's awesome :)

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
:thmbup: thanks for the links dude. Yes, you feel right at home. Such a comforting feeling, if we manage to get Euro 2016 we should all have an XT get together in Eskisehir :D

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
I've been to Turkey and from what I've seen on this site, I prefer the area around Izmir/Bodrum to Ekisehir. Although I might be subjective because of Izmir's great nightlife and large population of fellow western holidaymakers :D

I can imagine going back chilling on a comfortable summers night in Izmir.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Which part of Turkey is Ekisehir in btw? If I visit again I would like to see Mt Ararat and the eastern area's like Diyabakir due to their biblical signifigance.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Eskisehir is in the western part of Turkiye pretty far from Diyarbakir. Eskisehir has many bars/clubs/lounges since there are 2 universities in the city with a huge student population you need these types of things and people invest in them.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Eskisehir is in the western part of Turkiye pretty far from Diyarbakir. Eskisehir has many bars/clubs/lounges since there are 2 universities in the city with a huge student population you need these types of things and people invest in them.
I might not Visit then, as I've been to Bodrum and Izmir which has plenty of bars/clubs/resturants and lounges just like Eskisehir. I would like to visit different type of places which I've never been to before - like rural parts of Anatolia, Istanbul (mainly because of the football club, bridges and mosques) and even the eastern half of the country but i'll probably put that on hold because of the security situation over there.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Then you should definitely hit up Konya, Sivas, Kayseri, Erzincan, Tunceli, Malatya, Erzurum. No nightlife plenty of mosques and very little alcohol and fun :D

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Then you should definitely hit up Konya, Sivas, Kayseri, Erzincan, Tunceli, Malatya, Erzurum. No nightlife plenty of mosques and very little alcohol and fun :D
Thanks for the info, Kayseri and Erzerum look nice and very historical but If I get captured by the PKK I know who to blame :)

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
The PKK don't kidnap civilians anyway. If anything does happen to you which I wouldn't think so, it would most probably be by a local person.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Nahh you're safe from the scum pkk in those cities, Malatya maybe not as much :) pkk dirtbags are usually in the cities in the southeastern part.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Ahh yes BandoEsEs, they have so many different chants during the game. I'm so proud of them it livens up the stands :proud: I wish we could see more of this in our stadiums instead of the fighting, chair and bottle flinging

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Çok Güzel :D.

Imagine yourself chilling here in about July on a comfortable summer night.
All the pics look immaculate and simply amazing. I'd love to pay that place a visit with wifey. Looks like a place you can spend time in with your spouse. :)

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Yes sirreee, you should definitely visit it's not one of those cities where they'd look at you like you have 2 heads :howler: there's great nightlife, cafe's, bars, clubs, shopping center everything you need food? ohh man and even a man made beach which is pretty impressive. People have this misconception about Turkiye that it is some extreme Islamic nation but that's false and you will find a lot of cities that have a European look.

This is why Eskisehir was chosen as one of the host cities in our bid for Euro 2016 :thmbup:

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
This is why Eskisehir was chosen as one of the host cities in our bid for Euro 2016 :thmbup:
That and of course it has a very important footballing culture and tradition. :thumbsup: Also a lot of young people in Eskisehir too since it has that big university.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
I randomly bumped into this on youtube. It's a great introduction to the city. :proud:

[tub]BLJmsNYkBqE[/tub]

41 - 60 of 90 Posts