Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Until the end of the season, is this a loan?:confused:

http://www.eitb24.com/noticia_en.php?id=37278

I have to admit I have no clue who this man is so I´ll wait but this doesn´t sound to good, no? He hasn´t played much in Rangers, due to injury apparently, I hope this isn´t another Brechet. He isn´t a star, I bet there are players of his level in Zubieta. Anyway, let´s see if he helps Erreala´s defense until the end of the season though. It won´t be too difficult to do better than Luiz Alberto (for my taste) although it´s a bit strange to sign him now that Brechet is almost recovered, shouldn´t have done it before?

BTW, iparralde what´s up with Erreala and Rangers? Arteta and Mladenovic, what a demonstration of brothership, why don´t you sign a joint contract?:D:devil:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just found this thread in the sccottish forum.
http://www.xtratime.org/forums/showthread.php?t=146696&page=1&pp=15

Is he a midfielder?:confused: I thought he was a defender, Erreala already has Aranburu, Alkiza, Mikel Alonso and even Larrea and Markel Bergara for that position, specially the first 2 are good as pure DMs. So they come and sign a midfielder just a week after they loan Arteta because he didn´t play? And what about the economical problems?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Is he a midfielder? I thought he was a defender, Erreala already has Aranburu, Alkiza, Mikel Alonso and even Larrea and Markel Bergara for that position, specially the first 2 are good as pure DMs. So they come and sign a midfielder just a week after they loan Arteta because he didn´t play? And what about the economical problems?
I saw a pre-season game of Rangers and I can´t really judge him but I remember that I thought that they had made some godd signings (Rae&him in midfield and Novo&Prso in attack) and would be more difficult for Celtic this season, The fact is that he´s not been really lucky. He was injured, they passed Ricksen to midfield and he has been their best player, and now Ferguson is homesick and is back. It looks like he´s not had decent chances and seems that he´s not adapted yet to Scottish football. Scottish football is not at top in Europe but it´s really a very difficult league. There are many players who find it difficult to adapt to its characteristics. On the other hand, he´s well rated in Serbia and they have produced very good footballers to the Liga, he is called for the National Team, so I am optimistic about him. He´s on loan till June and Erreala have an option to buy him then.
I don´t think as you say that we have any player suitable for that position. We have depth but I see all of them as a complement for another player who covers all that area in front of the CBs. This last years we had Alonso playing there and Alkiza or Aranburu accompanying him ( Alkiza played his best football in Bilbao alongside Urrutia too ). I also see Mikel Alonso and Larrea in that role . Maybe Markel Bergara could be the answer but he´s too young , maybe in other circumstances...
About Arteta leaving, it seems that it was him who asked to leave. I still think that Arteta´s quality was needed but the truth is that the midfield was even weaker with him, so the answer could be to change the system but Amorrortu did not want that.

BTW, iparralde what´s up with Erreala and Rangers? Arteta and Mladenovic, what a demonstration of brothership, why don´t you sign a joint contract?
With Rangers as our joint club? :D :nono: Are you joking? How could I go to Celtic Park with my Erreala scarf then?

·
Registered
40,685 Posts
Good move for both parties involved! :)

Mladenovic barely got a chance in Glasgow, but he's definately class. You can read through the thread Txupa posted to find a better description of him. Dragan has indeed become one of the best players in our NT.

I think Scottish football involved too much long balls for his liking, he's a footballer, not a rugbyplayer.

Good luck to him and Erreala, hope to see you guys stay up!

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
To be honest none of us in Scotland can say much about him as he hasn't been given much of a chance at Rangers. The guys in the Serbian forum now alot more about him and post in the thread linked by Txupa above. I hope he does well at Erreala. The loan may suit him as Scottish football is very fast and not technically as good some of the top European leagues.

BTW since you have taken two Rangers players maybe you can take more. We have a player called Peter Lovenkrands you can have, we'll give you him for nothing :happy: (Only joking :thumbsup: )

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Any of you guys seen Dragan play yet? If so could you let me know how he is doing- last I heard he wasn't doing very much sitting on the bench.

·
Registered
556 Posts
We´ve not seen much of him because although he´s played in most of the games, it´s just been off the bench for about 20-25 minutes. It can be a bit fustrating for him but the fact is that since he came the team has improved a lot and the coach prefers not to make changes. He came to play ahead of the defense, and these last games Mikel Alonso ( Xabi´s brother, Liverpool ) has risen his game in that place, he´s actually stood out. I think Mladenovic will have chances these next weeks and we´ll tell you then.
Cheers

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Thanks for the information iparralde. I look forward to hearing more if he plays in the next match.

BTW Do you know any good websites to read about the history of the club apart from the official site?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts