·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should he go?

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
He has been for a few years now to the fans, ever since they found out that the guy is tactically inept. And that he starts his favourites, no matter if they are out of form/half injured, which was the case with beckham in the last 2 major tournaments. This means that the **** doesn't give chances to youths regularly, apart from 1-2 matches and when he does he probs plays them out of position, like Johnson so that the player sucks, and when he does, Sven can use the argument that the player sucks, so thats why he sticks with his favourite player:(.

·
1st Tier Poster
50,221 Posts
Actually I'm a bit surprised that it took so long for English fans to understand that. IMO he has never done anything to improve the team and has avoided the risks as much as possible. Usually he just picks big-name players (often regardless how they are performing) and puts them into some clueless standard formation, usually the traditional boring British 4-4-2 (which is not a good tactic at all when you don't have a left-winger). I suppose he was appointed to bring some continental touch to your national team, but he seems to have turned British as soon as he took charge. Fact is that he hasn't improved a thing, English NT is still a mess just like when he took charge. You don't lose anything when he's sacked. Actually, I really don't understand what's the problem with English NT, as long as I remember they have never played tactically good football. They usually look like a bunch of players who are playing together for the first time.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
They lose millions in sacking him. The **** has signed a new contract and he earns millions. So, the FA won't sack him soon sadly.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
He wont lose.. so he wont Go...

____________James :)

_______Rio__Campbell__Terry

Carragher__Lamps_Gerrard__ACole

____SWP_______________Jcole

____________A Johnson

He cant leave with these hot players...at his disposal..

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Drito said:
They lose millions in sacking him. The **** has signed a new contract and he earns millions. So, the FA won't sack him soon sadly.
The FA could easily take him to court over it. For a start there is misconduct. The guy has been screwing anything with legs and been taking offers on other jobs, is incompetant and so on. The people involved in the court would be English... wonder how the english fans will see things. I really don't see what is stopping that from happening. Surely Erickson's insistence on using Beckham has sold enough shirts to cover legal fee's.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Adriano10 said:
He wont lose.. so he wont Go...

____________James :)

_______Rio__Campbell__Terry

Carragher__Lamps_Gerrard__ACole

____SWP_______________Jcole

____________A Johnson

He cant leave with these hot players...at his disposal..

I reckon he should give this a try, all his big players will have a chance to play

---------------Robinson--------------

-------Terry--Ferdinand--Campbell-----

SWP-----------------------------A.Cole

-------Beckham--Gerrard--Lampard-----

-------------Rooney---Owen-----------

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
beck is crap...get rid of him! Jcole is 2 erratic 2 start! G-unit! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
the only argument for him staying is there are no adequate replacements.

the candidates 'touted' by the media:

allardyce and curbishley - would make england even more duller than they are now

redknapp - we'd beat brazil at home and lose to liechtenstein away

mcclaren has 4 years in management with continuous failure in the league despite spending loads

martin o'squeal- see allardyce and curbishley above

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
DavidSilk24 said:

allardyce and curbishley - would make england even more duller than they are now

mcclaren has 4 years in management with continuous failure in the league despite spending loads

What about Chris coleman? Jose Mourinho would be temped if he wins the league and UCL this season, only thing left for him to win is the World Cup. Plus we can pay him more money than portugal can, after all thats why he abandoned his portuguese club to manage in england :happy:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
quite impossible, Mourinho...

btw... Keegan just left Man City :)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
DavidSilk24 said:

Half that list have won jackshit between them for all the reputation they established, they've never managed top quality players either

Martin O'Neill is overrated, SPL titles and mickey mouse cups don't make him the man for any job worth having.

Chris Coleman falls into the category of "doing well with a modest club but that doesn't make him a winner" Lots of people say "if such and such had the money that Fergie, Houllier or Mourinho have had then they'd win everything" but that's bu11shit, until they've been tested they cannot pass with any colours let alone flying ones

D

·
0 Posts
Everything about Sven is boring
1.) He's Swedish
2.) He looks boring
3.) When he speaks he's boring
4.) His tactics are boring
5.) Under him England games are boring.

English players didn't look like they were arsed against Portugal in Euro 2004, or Brazil in WC 2002. But no wonder, Svens motivational techniques have got to be zero.

The FA was talking about getting a foreign coach because they will bring something different to the game, the continental aproach etc. But England are playing more direct under Sven than any English coach I can remember. What exactly has Sven brought to the English national team?

He get's walked all over by players, he picks players on reputation rather than current form, his tactics are too defensive and too direct. But the problem is his replacement. I'd rather have Harry Rednapp, Allardyce, or McCarren instead of him. Even getting Terry Venables back, or offering the job to David Moyes (if he's take it being Scottish).

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
i'd rather redknapp than allardyce. if 'big twat' becomes manager i'll stop going to england matches, the man is a disgrace

1 - 20 of 69 Posts