Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that the home loss by OFI was the final straw for the Ergotelis board as the manager Mironas Sifakis has left the club 'by mutual consent'.
There was a impromptu meeting of the board late last night and they agreed to part ways. He will be replaced with his assistant manager Vangelis Kostakis for the final matches of the season.

On another note, does anyone know if his (Sifakis') son will be transferring from OFI to Panathinaikos in the summer?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Actually, Sifakis' replacement is Michalis Patemtzis, ex-OFI player and till recently coach for Panathinaikos. Anyway, stupid decision by Ergotelis. Sifakis is the man who built that team and even if they got relegated he would bring them right back up.

I guess Sifakis Jr will move to PAO as soon as they need a goalkeeper.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I guess such stuff is to be expected however logical (or not) they seem. As for his son going to pao, that's strange. :rollani:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Sifakis transfer was just a rumour I read somewhere. I simply wanted to know whether it had an element of truth about it. After all, Panathinaikos are short of keepers with any experience and given the 'ties' between the two clubs, it didn't sound too dumb to me.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ergotelis lost today 3-1 at home against Panathinaikos. This result, although expected, seals the doom of Ergotelis. Their only hope (that I can see) is that they utterly spank Kalamarias away from home next weekend AND keep getting the points from the other 3 matches (Kerkyra (H), Panionios (A) and Aigaleo (A)). Any other result and they are gone...

EDIT :- Ergotelis last gained some points back in February when they beat Olympiakos. So facing facts, they are gone!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts