Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 676 Posts

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were one of the few forums without one, so here it starts.

- Rijkaard has quit Sparta today after bringing him them a piece of history this season. An explenation will follow later on today. Eventhough he said that he would remain as coach if Sparta would relegate, this is of course no suprise. There's nothing to win on Spangen.

- RBC Roosendaal has made it's first signing for next season with David Nascimento, the 35 year old Portugese defender of RKC Waalwijk. Kind of a suprise, cause I thought he was important player at RKC. Anyway a good signing for RBC.

- Outside Holland the oldest Seedorf has found a new club. He doesn't have to move to a new home though, cause his new team will be AC Milan. So at the end the entire cable will have played for Milan. Not sure if it's so a good move, since at Inter it's going better now then at AC and at Milan I also don't now what position he should play, when they already have Pirlo and Rui Costa.

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
- RBC loans Melvin Fleur from Anderlecht for a year, defender Fleur moved to Anderlecht last year, he came from Ajax.

- Exelsior welcomes two more loaners from Feyenoord, Boutahar and Van Dieren.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Rijkaard said he resigned because he was "too expensive" for Sparta.... Well Frank, than take some less money! You are the first in the history of pro-football in Holland to make Sparta relegate, so be a man and do what you have to do.

·
Registered
768 Posts
yeah what a man Rijkaard is :rolleyes: degrading Sparta ito the first division for the first time in their history (!) and then leaves them in the sh!t he caused (well admit he is also responsible) the days i 'respected' him for spitting at Voeller are definitely over :D

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
real player said:
The Seedorf transfer doesn't seem to be good for either Seedorf himslef or AC Milan...
It can still be cancelled, cause he hasn't agreed anything himself yet. Only the clubs.

Montenegrina, you right about the spitting Rijkaard. That was a much cooler Frank, but he has suffered the same faith as another hardboy in the field, Wouters, who also became so soft as coach. I'm happy that R.Koeman the coach is much like the player.

Sparta has lost it's shirtsponsor now btw. Not much tv time in the first division, so a understandable decision. Doesn't make the financial situation any better of course.

·
Registered
631 Posts
chivu said:

Montenegrina, you right about the spitting Rijkaard. That was a much cooler Frank, but he has suffered the same faith as another hardboy in the field, Wouters, who also became so soft as coach. I'm happy that R.Koeman the coach is much like the player.
Maybe it because Rijkaard and Wouters both got rid of their moustache by the time they started coaching. Changes your whole personality it seems.

·
Registered
768 Posts
;) yeah i think so. Man i can't stand it if Rijkaard tries to be eloquent, just talk slang man! We want a normal guy, not some professor doctor kind of type!

I, by the way, never liked Wouters, Van Aerle was my man.. and also he turned into a softie after the moustache had gone :( from toughguy to mailman.... *sigh* :( :( :( :D

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Back to the normal news

- Groningen has signed NAC-striker Glen Salmon for next season, which probably means that the Mulder deal is completely off now and that Bart vd Eede (again mentioned as 28 year old in this week's VI) will move to NAC.

- Sparta defender Steve Goossen quits football.

- Fortuna Sittard has a bunch of players (including Hamming, Akerboom and Emeran) up for sale in order to get out of the debts.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Forgot to mention the most important news of the day. The Japanese media claims that matchwinner Inamoto is on his way out of Arsenal and that PSV are the favourites to get him. Wouldn't be that weird with the succes of Ono at Feyenoord and of course PSV's sponsor.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was right about my feeling about Vd Eede moving to NAC. It happened today, thnx to an external financer. Looks like a good deal. NAC also signed Boussabon from Groningen. Since he had some troubles there he came for free.

- Garba Lawal has decided to further his carreer in Bulgaria. :confused: He signed for Bulgarian champions Levski Sofia after his contract expired in Kerkrade.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
- RBC Roosendaal has signed another player. This time it's Azubike Oliseh (brother of) who was allowed to leave FC Utrecht for free after some trouble there. They also want Mourad from Den Bosch.

- NAC's American Earnie Stewart wants to leave the club in january to finish his carreer in the MLS. He has played his entire life here in Holland, so a change at the end wouldn't be that bad. Perhaps his decision was made easier by the good results of the USA this WC. NAC wants Fortuna talent Joost van Barneveld, but that depends on Fortuna's situation in the next coming weeks. When they manage to survive he won't come to Breda.

- The Argentine Bomber Mariano Bombardo has decided to quit football and return to Argentina after he couldn't a new club that he liked. Too bad, since he was only 29, so he still had some good years in him.

- Newly promoted club Zwolle will have to find a new trainer, cause Paul Krabbe has left the club. He didn't want to have another man working next to him.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Brett Emerton is nog niet verkocht, maar Feyenoord heeft zijn opvolger al op het oog. De Argentijn José Maria Calvo (21) van Boca Juniors is de meest waarschijnlijke vervanger van de Australiër. Volgens zaakwaarnemer Torres van Calvo komt een delegatie van de Rotterdamse club volgende week naar Argentinië om de transfer af te ronden.

Feyenoord bevestigt dat Calvo een serieuze kandidaat is om Emerton op te volgen. Maar volgens de club is er momenteel geen concrete belangstelling voor de Australiër. Zowel Leeds United als Liverpool heeft al enkele weken niets meer laten horen.

Leeds bracht aan het eind van het vorige seizoen een bod uit op Emerton, dat niet werd geaccepteerd. Beide clubs moeten eerst spelers verkopen alvorens zij nieuwe spelers kunnen aantrekken.

Leeds United verliest binnenkort waarschijnlijk verdediger en international Rio Ferdinand aan Manchester United. In dat geval heeft de club geld om Emerton te kopen.

Calvo is Argentijns jeugdinternational. Hij maakte deel uit van de selectie die op het jeugd-WK vorig jaar in eigen land speelde. Hij speelt veelal centraal in de defensie. Hij zou twee miljoen dollar moeten kosten

In English (summary)

While Brett Emerton is not yet sold Feyenoord are searching with succes for his replacement. Leeds and Liverpool don't have the money to buy Emerton now but Leeds wil lose Rio Ferdinand to ManU so they will have got a small sum to spend.

Feyenoord will buy José Maria Calvo (21) an Argentinian player and member of the youth squad of Argentina. This player is an geat talent and will cost about $ 2 mil a small sum regarding to possible $ 15 mil they will get for Emerton

·
Registered
833 Posts
Who has actually seen this Calvo-guy play? I read the story as well but I had never heard of him. He must be good if he was a Argentine youth international, I'm sure.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Old and some newers newsfacts

- I checked the WC U-20 site, but he wasn't on the list there. I think he only played the South American U-20 tournament.

- Michel Kreek became the third player to leave Vitesse. He signed for AEK Athens last week who are also interested in signing Vrede from Roda JC, who can leave there since he will become a Bosman next season.

- Frans Adelaar also leaves Holland for Greece. He signed for a first division club there which wasn't one the familiar names.

- FC Zwolle has found a new trainer with Peter Boeve, whoms last job was being assistant of Adriaanse at Ajax. Rijsbergen was also in the picture, but he didn't see much perspective in the squad (bummer!).

- NAC's hopes of signing Japanese player Fujimoto are gone, now that they couldn't find a Japanse sponsor to finance the deal. Weird that even Fuji (their stadiumsponsor) didn't want to do it.

- Sammy Samardzic has returned to Heerenveen in a one year deal. He will replace Lurling there who went to other way.

- Another Heerenveenwinger will probably make his stay at RKC permanent. Both clubs have agreed a fee for Santi Kolk.
RKC also signed another Dutch youngster with Serginho Greene and they will be giving a trial to former Ajacied, blower and fellow student at my former school Quido Lanzaat. :angel:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
PSV reject Arsenal bid for Van Bommel

Friday 5th July 2002

PSV Eindhoven have rejected an Arsenal bid of Kanu plus cash for Mark van Bommel.

"What do I want with Kanu when I have Kezman, Vennegoor of Hesselink, Bruggink and De Jong? PSV do not exist to solve Arsenal's problems," snapped chairman Harry van Raaij.

Arsenal are thought to have stepped up their interest in Van Bommel after their midfield injury problems worsened with the news that Fredrik Ljungberg faces three months out with a hip injury.

The Gunners will be without central midfielder Giovanni van Bronckhorst and wide-man Robert Pires until Christmas after the pair underwent knee surgery in the latter stages of last season.

Meanwhile, Ray Parlour continues to be linked with Leeds United and Sunderland and coach Arsene Wenger has chosen to release Japan World Cup star Junichi Inamoto.

But Van Raiij is confident that Van Bommel will remain at PSV for the start of the Dutch season. "Since the winter-break, Van Bommel, Mateja Kezman and Kevin Hofland have all indicated their ambitions to play abroad, but they are still at PSV," he said.

"The transfer market is open until August 31 and transfers are possible until that time, but I don't believe it will happen.

"Why would something happen in these two months when it hasn't happened in the last half-year? I believe Arsenal will only enquire about Van Bommel again if Patrick Vieira leaves them."

The Ljungberg situation may change that, however. And Uefa's chief medical expert Jan Ekstrand revealed on Friday that the Sweden midfielder is always likely to be troubled by his hip problem.

"I have never heard of a footballer with this kind of injury," he said. "I only know of one sportsman who had it before and that was former tennis No 1 Magnus Norman.

"Magnus was out for six months and for a long time there were question-marks as to whether he would ever come back."

Ljungberg, who played through the pain barrier in the World Cup, accepts he faces a long road back. "It's sad that this will take some time. I've been in a lot of pain and now only an operation will help me," he said.

"In one way this is good because I know what the problem is and it's a relief I now know that we can do something about it."

Arsenal believe the midfielder will return in a couple of months, but Sweden doctor Anders Valentin is not so sure. "I think he will be out for longer than that," he said. "It will be at least three months as this is a very complicated operation."

onefootball ;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Saturday, July 6, 2002
Arsenal's Kanu offer 'insults' PSV chief
By John Drayton

Arsenal have had their bid of Kanu plus cash for Mark van Bommel rejected by PSV Eindhoven.

Van Bommel: Gunners target
(BenRadford/Allsport)
A dismissive PSV chairman, Harry van Raaij, said: 'What do I want with Kanu when I have Kezman, Vennegoor of Hesselink, Bruggink and De Jong? PSV do not exist to solve Arsenal's problems.'

Van Raaij believes Arsenal will only step up their interest in Van Bommel if Patrick Vieira, who has been linked with Italian giants Juventus, leaves Highbury.

But with last season's free-scoring Fredrik Ljungberg facing three months out with a hip injury, manager Arsene Wenger may continue his pursuit of the 24-year-old Holland midfielder in a bid to secure an extra avenue for goals.

soccernet

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
While Brett Emerton is not yet sold Feyenoord are searching with succes for his replacement. Leeds and Liverpool don't have the money to buy Emerton now
I can assure you Liverpool DO have the money but at the moment they are trying to secure a deal for Leeds midfielder Lee Bowyer, I suspect Emerton is second choice between the two players.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Then they do have the money, but something is wrong with their scouting:)

1 - 20 of 676 Posts