Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big,big game for both teams this one :skull:

Palace team news:
Kolkka may return to the side,he played for the reserves last week :thmbup: Aki is still doubtful, Leigertwood will probably start.

Probable line up
----------------Kiraly
Boyce-------Hall-------Sorondo-------Granville

Routledge----Leigertwood---Hughes----Kolkka( Soares/Lakis)

----------------------Freedman
-------------------------------------AJ

For satellite viewers the game is being shown on the Greek channel Supersport 2(nova). There may be some streams knocking about somewhere. There is also a pub in West Ken' that will be showing the game on a big screen;)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Line ups

1 Russell Hoult : Gabor Kiraly 28
14 Martin Albrechtsen : Emmerson Boyce 21
6 Darren Purse : Fitz Hall 25
19 Neil Clement : Gonzalo Sorondo 26
3 Paul Robinson : Gary Borrowdale 18
11 Zoltan Gera : Wayne Routledge 7
2 Riccardo Scimeca : Mikele Leigertwood 12
24 Ronnie Wallwork : Michael Hughes 17
8 Jonathan Greening : Tom Soares 19
21 Kevin Campbell : Dougie Freedman 9
9 Geoff Horsfield : Andrew Johnson 8

25 Nwankwo Kanu : Vassilis Lakis 32
15 Kieran Richardson : Wayne Andrews 23
29 Tomasz Kuszczak : Julian Speroni 1
34 Robert Earnshaw : Aki Riihilahti 15
4 Thomas Gaardsoe : Darren Powell 20

No Granville for Palace

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
god damn Purse :fero:

for weeks I've been saying he is a liability, now he goes and gives Johnson a sitter which he duly dispatches :fero:

Sorondo rightly sent off for a professional foul on Horsfield.
Listening to the game on LBC94.9 are they uttterly biased or what! :howler:

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
1-1 now with Campbell equalising!

Palace are doing well considering they have been down to 10 men since the 12th minute!

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
wth is this?! 2-2

Earnshaw scores in injury time for Palace to then equalize with Riihilahti bundelling it in at the death :neutral:

Purse again? :D

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Should be good highlights! :)

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Anyone mentions that fool again and I'll go off into one!!!!!!!
Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!! :fero:

Earnie and Campbell scored for us.
I'll be watching the 50 minutes highlights on sky at 22:30 tonight.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man alive!!!That's taking bouncebackability to the extreme :scared: :heart:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dowie wants red card reprieve

Crystal Palace manager Iain Dowie is hoping referee Dermot Gallagher will admit he made a mistake in sending off defender Gonzalo Sorondo in a dramatic Premiership clash at West Brom.

Palace were forced to play for 78 minutes with 10 men after Gallagher adjudged that Sorondo was guilty of a professional foul when halting Albion striker Geoff Horsfield's run on goal.

But an injury-time goal from substitute Aki Riihilahti rescued a share of the spoils for Palace and crucially kept them five points clear of Bryan Robson's side in the battle to stay up.

Dowie said: "I don't want to talk about the referee because that is taking away from a fantastic display by my players.

"All I will say is that I hope Dermot has a look at it because it may not even be a foul, never mind a straight red card, so I would hope that will be overturned.

"Sorondo can't believe it. He is staggered. He has played in Italy, which is a tough uncompromising league, and he is staggered with the decision - but hopefully Dermot will review it."

Dowie praised his players for their response to Sorondo's red card and Andy Johnson's 15th goal of the season looked to have settled the issue.

But Albion stormed back to lead 2-1 through Kevin Campbell and Robert Earnshaw before Riihilahti cut short the celebrations around The Hawthorns.

Dowie said: "The feeling is of pride in being associated with a group of players who performed like they did against West Brom.

"We were disappointed with the red card but our response was excellent and we restricted them to next to nothing in terms of opportunities on goal.

"We were down to 10 men at a difficult place and some of our defending was tremendous. There are lots of good things to come out of the game.

"When you go 2-1 down that late on, you think the game has gone, but they showed great desire and hunger. Aki stretched to get the ball. It is about wanting to get there.

"We got the goal and it is no more than we deserved. If we had taken nothing out of the game, it would have been a travesty. I thought we deserved to take all three points with our defending, which was heroic at times.

"We were looking down the barrel of defeat and in the end a point is a massive point for us - not such a good point for West Brom - but I do think we deserved to win the game."

Johnson has made a habit of scoring in the Second City after previously netting at Birmingham and Aston Villa this season.

He said: "To go 2-1 down and then snatch something right at the end shows the spirit and togetherness we have got in the camp.

"It is a bigger result for us than for West Brom. We came here with a point and we've gone away with a point."

Teamtalk.com

Dowie's been wearing those rose tinted specs again :pp

Dermot Gallagher is a baldy twat with a grudge against us, he'll never change that decision :ass: :groan:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like I said ,baldy

Crystal Palace defender Gonzalo Sorondo has had his appeal against a red card rejected by the Football Association.

The Uruguayan was sent off for denying Geoff Horsfield "of an obvious goal scoring opportunity" :dielaugh: :rollani: during Palace's 2-2 draw at West Brom.

"Crystal Palace defender Gonzalo Sorondo's claim for wrongful dismissal has been rejected by a Disciplinary Commission," said an FA statement.

Sorondo will serve a one game ban and miss Saturday's match against Bolton.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts