Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like the major news ahead of tomorrow's match is who Pards will or will not pick, in anticipation of the FA Cup 1/4 final on Monday night (not to mention 'arry's return to Upton Park). Brum chairman David Gold is practically pleading with Pardew to select his stongest team as it affects the relegation battle, & it is quite a quandry. We all know how the plan backfired last round, though finally getting by Bolton in the Cup makes the argument that perhaps it didn't backfire after all.

I think at least Harewood should be rested after having been on for the entirety of the Trotters replay, perhaps give Zamora & Teddy a start up front.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Not bothering talking about the match then? Too busy banging your heads against the wall ;)

BTW How much of a changed team is it?

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Alan Pardew is a god!

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Could be a big mistake if West Ham go out to Man City next week. West Ham may have just lost their chance to qualify for the Uefa Cup from the League.

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not much to say when six players from the first XI are left out, Pardew has been intimating for the past two rounds that the chance of winning a trophy is more important than finishing in the top six, I tend to disagree but we'll see tonight. Surviving the drop has always been the goal of this campaign, it is frustrating though to throw away points in the league for any cup competition when UEFA beckons, I'm just not with Pards on this.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I agree with romansky. Cup competitions are so unpredictable, you should always make the League your top priority, unless you are not anywhere in midtable with nowhere (up or down) to go...

Well FC Thun threw away their season in order to turn in some decent Champions League performances, so I am used to it this season.... :rolleyes:

Cheers
East Ender

1 - 8 of 8 Posts