Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, don't get me wrong.

WARNING: This thread is not to tell what league is better.
WARNING: This thread has been discussed before but I want an up to date view.
WARNING: Do not insult the other league.
WARNING: This thread is purely objective.

Okay, so guys I'm a big Serie A fan and I watch lots of Serie A games. And I realized something. FOr the last month or so, I started watching EPL games and I've realized that its so much more action play and so much more attacking.

I have seen countless low level SErie A teams just defend all men back from the start.

But I have seen countless EPL low level teams attack just as much as the powerhouse they are up against.

I also notice there is more end to end play.

I notice there is less technical skill, they seem to make non-high quality passes and instead hit it long a lot.

But the end to end action is fun.

What you guys think and what is your OBJECTIVE comparision of the two leagues?

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
I would rather poke my eyes out with a dull spoon then watch something like a Southampton vs West Bromwich Albion match ...

No insult to EPL but I just can't watch it or get into it no matter how hard I try.

I'll take an organized, tactical Serie A match anyday over the run and gun kids stuff I've seen in the EPL.

Again no offense to our EPL fans here at XT, but it's just not for me.

K

·
0 Posts
i enjoy both leagues very much, but i would prefure to watch two lower ranked italian teams then two lower ranked english teams. also in italian football it seams that a lower ranked team can come back into a game or just take the game froma quite high ranked team. my favourite teams are chelsea and inter but i would take a better interset in inter if it wasnt for my favourite player who playes for chelsea (you can guess who he is :thumbsup: ) . anyways both league get two thumbs up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
In my view :glasses:

Generally, EPL shows fast game tempo than Serie A. Especially when game is played at Highbury ;)

There are some exceptions, but I rate Serie A team's ability to organize defense better than EPL teams.

And I like EPL style's 'thunder goal' - ex. Riise, Robert, etc. :party:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I saw a thunder goal today by Pederson and it was just amazing

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
The EPL is faster and more physical than Serie A, and the teams tend to be less cautious in their style of play. At the same time, there is more quality and technical ability in Serie A, and it is not exactly for pushovers either.

It comes down to personal preferences. A lot of people that like the fast and attacking style of the EPL find Serie A too slow and boring, just as many people prefer the style of Serie A and think that the EPL lacks quality.

Personally, I much prefer Serie A, even the "boring" games, and I also like La Liga and several other leagues better than the EPL, but certainly there is some entertaining football to be seen in the EPL.

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
Roman2k said:
I would rather poke my eyes out with a dull spoon then watch something like a Southampton vs West Bromwich Albion match ...

No insult to EPL but I just can't watch it or get into it no matter how hard I try.

I'll take an organized, tactical Serie A match anyday over the run and gun kids stuff I've seen in the EPL.

Again no offense to our EPL fans here at XT, but it's just not for me.
I bet Palermo Vs Sampdoria is an amazing game to watch :thumbsup: :googly:

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
KyleLeonard said:
I bet Palermo Vs Sampdoria is an amazing game to watch :thumbsup: :googly:
Actually it was. Nice to see you watching something other than the EPL. :thumbsup:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL

Actually Palermo vs. Sampdoria is a very great game.........both teams are attacking and show a lot of fire power despite the result

·
Registered
69,460 Posts
in England all you need to do is run around like crazy, no tactics involved, as long as you run like a fool for 90 minutes the fans will love you. :D

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Kezman9 said:
i would prefure to watch two lower ranked italian teams then two lower ranked english teams.
Exactly. That is why I only like to watch big matches of EPL. No offense, seeing low ranked teams in EPL gives me a message that they don't know even basic football, passing. Of Serie A, players of low teams know what to do the next. EPL low teams seldom play out of their level and give surprises.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I'd rather watch paint dry than really get in to a match involving 2 Seria Snore sides, but again that's just me.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Ivan Helguera said:
Exactly. That is why I only like to watch big matches of EPL. No offense, seeing low ranked teams in EPL gives me a message that they don't know even basic football, passing. Of Serie A, players of low teams know what to do the next. EPL low teams seldom play out of their level and give surprises.
LOL.

Watch a relegation six-pointer sometime. They're great. :eek:

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I am not a fan of soccer that is considered exciting because the other team has an awful defence and even worse goalkeeper.

EPL is extremely disorganized football... no thanks.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
LOL

Actually Palermo vs. Sampdoria is a very great game.........both teams are attacking and show a lot of fire power despite the result
Both clubs have brilliant, underated players as well. Players like Toni, Brienza, Santana, Barzagli, Volpi, and Diana are all very exciting players, the latter somehow getting into threatening positions every match I see him play even though he's a right winger. Both of those sides have given the big guns in Italy a run for their money, especially my Juventus.

PS: Pulsar, I love your sig about your girlfriend. :dielaugh:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
I am not a fan of soccer that is considered exciting because the other team has an awful defence and even worse goalkeeper.

EPL is extremely disorganized football... no thanks.
I'm not a fan of it being called "soccer" :yuck:

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i think when watching the top teams play in both leagues, the quality is there and they cant be compared. I do see a comparison when it comes to the midtable and lower teams in both leagues. Serie A's midtable teams and lower teams are still well organised and there is more technically ability involved.

I believe there is a larger step in quality between top teams and lower teams in England. In Serie A, when competing against each other, it doesnt seem that way.

But at the end of the day, the top 3 clubs in England and Italy are all quality.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
For me, in serie A, the big matches (like Juve vs Milan) are usually a little disappointing.. EPL big games are more exciting.. But derby matches in Serie A are nicer (like Milan vs Inter).. The rest of the points are mentioned already..

Another thing to note.. For Singapore viewers I guess, is the commentator issue.. The EPL commentators can make a boring match seem exciting, while the serie A commentators make a boring match even more boring.. La Liga's is worse.. I'm only talking about Singapore.. Not too sure about other countries though.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
I'm not going to participate in this discussion! :D Well ok.. just a tad. I think as a neutral English-speaking football watcher, the EPL is a natural choice, even for Norwich vs Birmingham clashes. It's exciting, fast-paced, end-to-end, the presentation on TV is perfect, it's always shown as an entire highlights package (preview, match, review, talking points, highlights show, talk-shows, everything), and it's definitely more manly and "cool" to be seen guzzling beer and watching a bone-crunching EPL match than be caught watching a supposed bunch of wussies fall, feign injury and contest every free kick decision in Italy. :) Well in any case the girls here don't give a hoot's arse about any sort of football with slow, tactical, defensive approach play so it does help to be watching something more "sporty" in their presence. :dielaugh:

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.