Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a difficult match here, and our medical staff have a lot of work. Injury list included Carvalho, Essien and Drogba, and now Ballack, Joe, Ashley and Cech can't play too. In the other hand, according to the BBC, Alex and Deco return. Anyway, we have the better squad, so must win. 0-2, Lampard and Anelka.

·
JESTER OF SORTS
21,015 Posts
This is the early game, so be prepared.

Injured list :

-Michael Ballack (just had surgery, out 2 weeks +training)
-Joe Cole (unknown)
-Ashley Cole (unknown)
-Didier Drogba (2-3 weeks left)
-Deco (travels with squad, might be on bench)
-Carvalho (unknown)
-Essien (out for rest of year)
-Petr Cech (might play)

But John Terry is back.

Who will be the 3rd Midfielder then, now that Ballack, Deco and Joe Cole are out? Belletti it seems.

Probable lineup :

------------Cudicini-----------
-Ivanovic--Terry---Alex--Bridge
---Belletti----Lampard--Mikel---
-Kalou----------------Malouda-
-----------Anelka-------------

Sub options are Di Santo for Anelka, and nothing else, really. Ferreira at the end for a timewaster?

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm almost sure Deco will start alongside Mikel and Lampard in the middle. In defence I don't see problems. Terry will play with Alex (who travels too) or Ivanovic, in great form. At right back maybe Bosingwa, maybe Ivanovic, and left back for Bridge. In attack we only have Malouda, Kalou and Anelka, so we could see one youngster (Di Santo, Sinclair or even Stoch) in the second half if we are winning the game.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Joe Cole seems to be picking up injuries pretty frequently this season :wallbang: I say this because I've got him in the XTPL.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Should be a difficult match; last season Boro gave us a real fight and they seem better this season. Their attack of course is what is best about them. They have 4 really good forwards, and you never know who could score for them.

We have the typical injury list on our hands, obviously it's these types of games where Kalou and a few of the youth players can prove that they are ready to become vital on the bench. Sinclair and De Santo should definetly get a good run out in the last 1/4 of the match-even if the result isnt favoring us.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Kalou another through ball to anelka... offside.

So far so good... Chelsea's been attacking with a lot of purposeful balls.

I shld say Obi's been excellent so far.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Malouda 's been running from left to right into the box.... and somehow... keeper or someone prevented Lampard from scoring.

Atm.. balls into the box and corners are very dangerous.... fr Chelsea. If it continues with these there should be shitload of goals.

I think the team is well picked.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Through.... and Malouda hits one to the far post...OUT....... you know , those that are not a cross nor a shot

1 - 20 of 70 Posts