Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
JESTER OF SORTS
21,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm making this thread now to look towards the future and forget about the spitting on their home fans yet again.

Since this is an Away game, look for the team to go all out and win. That would make it 8 wins in a row for this season, and another win in the EPL record.

Bolton have been playing better the last few weeks though, so anything is possible. Then again, We beat Bolton Away both times in the last 2 seasons, and drew against them at Home both times, in the same 2 seasons.

This will be Drogba's 3rd match in his suspension.

Hopefully the fact that both Arsenal & Man United have to play Carling Cup games during the week will help us.

·
JESTER OF SORTS
21,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not even Almunia will play?

To be honest, even though if Arsenal won that would mean 2 more matches to tire out, I'd like to see Burnley kick you out.

And for Man United to lose as well, but I really do not care about the cup now that we are out.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Good to see the FA being totally consistent by not punishing Scolari for calling the ref biased! Fergie has a 2 game ban for doing the exact same thing . .

Dont get me wrong, I think that Scolari is right to speak his mind about the refs performance (and think managers should be allowed say what they think to a degree), but the FA once again show their true colors!! Im actually surprised, the FA normally only change their rules to suit english players!!!

·
JESTER OF SORTS
21,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did Ferguson demand any repercussions for the referees, though?

Because Scolari only wants an apology from the scum arselicker.

And it is indeed a damn joke that the FA goes around handing bans for coaches highlighting the thievery that some referees do. I was utterly disgusted when I heard that the FA was "looking into" what Scolari said , and that he might be banned/fined for it. Hello WTF, it was a CLEAR AS DAY OFFSIDE, and the linesman allowed it. This means that the linesman is incapable of performing his duties, he is incompetent. Why is HE not being looked at by the FA?

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Did Ferguson demand any repercussions for the referees, though?

Because Scolari only wants an apology from the scum arselicker.

And it is indeed a damn joke that the FA goes around handing bans for coaches highlighting the thievery that some referees do. I was utterly disgusted when I heard that the FA was "looking into" what Scolari said , and that he might be banned/fined for it. Hello WTF, it was a CLEAR AS DAY OFFSIDE, and the linesman allowed it. This means that the linesman is incapable of performing his duties, he is incompetent. Why is HE not being looked at by the FA?
Not really sure exactly what fergie said, but I think the FA are as inconsistent and hypocritical an organisation as they come.

Had people been calling for scolaris head or the rags called for discipline to be done the limp FA wouldve banned Scolari for whatever they demanded ! !

I think it would be deadly if managers could go to town on refs. It should be an expected part of being an official. Part of the sacrifice for being paid to be professional!

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Chelsea will be without midfielder Joe Cole and the suspended Didier Drogba for the trip to face Bolton at The Reebok.

Cole missed last Sunday's defeat to Arsenal after sustaining an ankle knock against Bordeaux in the Champions League and has not recovered in time.

Ricardo Carvalho (knee), Franco Di Santo (hamstring) and Juliano Belletti (ankle) remain sidelined along with long-term injury victim Michael Essien (knee).

Chelsea (from): Cech, Cudicini, Hilario, Bosingwa, Ferreira, Alex, Terry, Ivanovic, Bridge, A Cole, Lampard, Ballack, Mikel, Deco, Kalou, Malouda, Anelka, Stoch.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
This season, yes. I know I repeat it every match, but this is A MUST WIN. Our last three matches were two draws and one defeat and a club like Chelsea can't be like this.

Ah, I work in the digital edition of a newspaper. I saw some news from agency AFP today that Scolari asked again for buy a new offensive player in january.

·
Registered
17,508 Posts
he will have to sell to get new, i would say dump molouda...

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
IMO if we have to sell anybody, it would be Ferreira. I know Scolari is using Belletti in midfield, but he is right back, so we have THREE right backs plus Ivanovic who can play there. It's a really nonsense.

In the other hand, we are very short of attacking options. Playing with 4-3-3, we only have Joe Cole, Malouda, Kalou, Anelka and Drogba for three starting roles in attack (plus the youngsters Sinclair and Di Santo). And IMO this isn't enough.

Look at United, for example. They play 4-4-2, and look at their wingers/strikers: Park, Giggs, Nani, Ronaldo, Rooney, Berbatov and Tevez (even Fletcher or Anderson can play in the wing)...

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
And we are signing another youngster for the Academy.

Chelsea are set to seal a deal for Benfica starlet Toni Brito.

The 15-year-old winger is rated very highly by the Portuguese giants - who signed him from lower league club Real Sport Massama last year.

Benfica are desperate to hang onto Brito, but the teenager has confirmed he wants to quit the Portuguese capital for London.

"I have decided to go to England," he told Ojogo.

"It will be a dream to play for a club like Chelsea."

Brito, born in Guinea, is reported to have been offered a six-year deal by Chelsea - which he is set to accept in preference to Benfica's offer to stay at the Estadio da Luz.

·
Registered
17,508 Posts
ferrira will get u peanuts if u sell him, its meaningless, u need someone who would fetch £10mn++, molouda i would say should get goin..

·
JESTER OF SORTS
21,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyways, any predicted lineups? Anyone even care?

I won't even be watching this game primarily, I'll run a stream on the edge of the monitor for this, the main attraction is Bielefeld VS Dortmund for me.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
I know Ferreira signed a new contract, but this is another reason for selling him and get some money. If he had a short contract, we will get few euros for him, but he has a contract until 2013.

I think we will play the same team that failed against Arsenal. Only one doubt, Alex or Ivanovic to partner Terry.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts