Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
Come on Ars! This should be the ideal time to play this fixture, but the Ars aren't in the best form currently. Having said that though, with a new captain and a 100% record with him captaining the side how could we lose?

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
This is a must win. If we don't get three points, then it will show that we aren't capable of beat any big team. Arsenal are struggling a bit in the league, so no excuses. It will be interesting what team Scolari selects (he has Mikel, Lampard, Ballack and Deco available) and Ivanovic is playing really well right now, I think he must play ahead of Alex.

·
Registered
44,362 Posts
Bane definitely deserves a chance, he's becoming more secure and his game will just rise once he's confidence is back. He's improved in every single game he's played for Chelsea so far, so yes, he does deserve to start ahead of Alex.

Scolari should use him a lot more on set-pieces, he's an absolute force in the air, but then again, we all know that isn't Scolaris strongest part as a coach.

·
Third Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
977 Posts
Bane hasn't been particularly good against Bordeaux.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Nobody was. And he is our central defender with more pace without any doubt. Play Alex and Terry against the speedy Gunners wouldn't be very good..

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Maybe he doesn't want complications. I really like him, he is very agressive, has pace and is excellent in the air. Alex is an awesome defender too, but Bane is in best form after three consecutive games as starter.

·
Registered
44,362 Posts
The problem is, Ivanovic does not really play as a CB. Whenever a ball is coming to him, he instinctively kicks it out for a throwin.
That's because he doesn't want to complicate things and can't afford to make misstakes because he's rarely being given a chance if there aren't any injuries at Chelsea. He hasn't played on a regular notice since last year.

I didn't watch the game against Bordeaux, but I've seen the highlights and read what people thought about him. They actually thought he was one of Chelseas best players and you can't blame him for the goal that Diarra goes on to score, it's Scolaris zonal-marking and Terry who isn't giving Diarra enough attention when he breaks free.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Lets kick em in the Arse

·
Registered
17,508 Posts
its a disgrace if we fail to beat any of the big 3 at home...but u can still win a league without doing so...

·
Registered
44,362 Posts
Chelsea are up by one goal, own goal by Djorou.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts