Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shit...we need to win this game...no matter what...

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Make or break.

Tainio'll be back for this one after being out cos of a throat infection so enough alternatives for Jol to make changes in midfield.

Not sure about the King. He better be back cos we bloody need him. The thought of having Gardner and a not matchfit Naybet at the back :scared:

·
Registered
894 Posts
If King does miss the game, surely we'd have to give one of the younger players a chance alongside Gardner or Naybet. Thats what our squad depth's for.

We reeeeeeeeehhhhhhheally need to win it though. Hopefully we'll show City our class. If King is out, we'll have to look at an attacking game, as defensively we'll be weak. Anyway, i'm going to be nervous as hell for the rest of the season, so this'll be no different.

Ah, it's good to be back.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Hey good to have you back! loads of coursework I guess lately :D

Latest is that the King'll have a test on the day so pretty much 50/50. If he does make it, wouldn't mind having Gardner next to him. It's usually when he's next to Dawson that he's utter crap. One of Naybet or Bunjevcevic next to Gardner probably would be the best then. Someone there to skipper him. Huddlestone and Gardner I think would be the same as him next to Dawson.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Thanks Wal, i've been up to my ears in coursework for weeks, which combined with my internet going down, has made Xtratime almost impossible...

Not any more though..... :D

And don't we still have Davenport? He's not exactly Dawson and King quality, but he's played at Premiership level before, but never had a chance to play CB for us (i think we must have been trying to turn him into the new Doc, by playing him up front). Might be worth giving him a chance...

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Win this game Spurs to open up a 5 point gap over Arsenal.

And we'll try and beat them on Sunday. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
victorvaldes.1. said:
if u dont beat em im holding you responsible red bed....
Spurs really should not be crying if the lose 4th spot, they have thrown away many points they shouldn't have.

But yeah, United will try and help out.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sat Apr 08 04:30AM Pacific
Sat Apr 08 05:30AM Mountain
Sat Apr 08 06:30AM Central
Sat Apr 08 07:30AM Eastern
Length: 2 hr 30 min LIVE
FOX Soccer Channel (FSC) - US
English Premier League
Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester City

soccertv.com

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
07:45 ET - White Hart Lane

Tottenham v Man City

Preview Match Gamecast Mobile

Updated: April 7, 2006, 10:10 AM ET
Tottenham v Man City: Preview

Tottenham head coach Martin Jol has warned his side to prepare for a revitalised Manchester City following Stuart Pearce's public mauling of his players last weekend.

Pearce attacked the performance and attitude of his side after their defeat by Middlesbrough and Jol believes Spurs may be on the receiving end of the backlash when the two sides meet at White Hart Lane on Saturday.

Pearce was an up-and-coming professional alongside Jol at Coventry in the mid-1980s and Tottenham's Dutch coach has fond memories of the time he used to sell expensive jumpers to the former England international.

He is also full of admiration for Pearce's move into management and was pleased the City boss stopped short of criticising individuals during his post-match rant about his team's dire performance against Boro.

``He didn't criticise individuals, he criticised the team, and why not?,'' said Jol.

``I don't think it is useful to criticise one player because after a match you can only talk to the team.

``That is what I did after our last match against Newcastle. I don't think it helps when you criticise them individually.

``The only worry I've got is there might be a big reaction from City because of it.

``Internally, he can motivate them as well but if you see the atmosphere in our dressing room before the matches, everyone always wants to win and do well, but sometimes you are not good enough. We were a bit wounded after the Newcastle defeat as well.''

Ledley King will undergo a late fitness test on his injured ankle before coach Jol can select him.

King injured his ankle in training and it ruled him out of last weekend's 3-1 defeat against Newcastle.

Jol is boosted by the return to fitness of Finland midfielder, Teemu Tainio who has finally recovered from a throat infection, but centre-half Michael Dawson is suspended.

Claudio Reyna could make only his fourth appearance since the end of November.

The United States skipper's season has been ruined by a succession of injuries, the latest of which - a shoulder problem - has kept him out of City's last three games.

Skipper Sylvain Distin is also available after serving a one-match ban but Sun Jihai still has two games of his suspension to serve, while Joey Barton (ankle) is still at least a week away from full fitness.

soccernet

·
Registered
894 Posts
This is the only weekend (bar our game at Highbury) that theres a decent chance of Arsenal dropping points, so this is even more of a must win than usual.

It's still probably all going to come down to that game at Highbury though...

We're going to need a nice winning streak, then give Arsenal a long overdue going away present, if we want 4th. Anything less is....well, UEFA Cup.

The plus side of them getting to the semis though, is that we're in the middle of the games, meaning they'll be knackered, and/or resting players. And if they don't rest some, Villereal'll have a better chance of taking 'em out.

But on Man City, i like Psycho, after Jol my favourite Prem manager, but Geez i really hope we make him criticise his players after the game again.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
DO OR DIE: Davids and Kelly dropped!

Line-up:

Robbo

Salty
King
Gardner
Lee

Tainio
Jenas
Carrick
Lennon

Keane
Mido

Bench: Cerny, Davenport, Davids, Murphy, Defoe

Only 15m to go.... COYS!!

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Great! Another Tottenham game live on German TV. It´s been a while since they showed the last one. :)

·
Banned
3,325 Posts
GGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SSSSSSSTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAlTTEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRII

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Yes! A goal at the right time so short before the break. The lead is well deserved!

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
you might be 3rd if you'd played all season with 11 players rather than waste a space on Jenas. ;)

what does this guy actually do?

Keane is playing the best football i have ever seen from him lately though. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts