1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kanoute to miss Liverpool clash

By Danny Griffiths
Date: 12/1/2004

SPURS appear to have failed in their bid to gain permission from mali for Fredi Kanoute to face Liverpool on Saturday. The former Frenchman...

Your Location: Home > Latest News

Kanoute to miss Liverpool clash
By Danny Griffiths for THEspursweb.com

SPURS appear to have failed in their bid to gain permission from mali for Fredi Kanoute to face Liverpool on Saturday.

The former Frenchman has flown out to join his new country's training camp ahead of their African Nations Cup campaign later this month.

The £3.5million signing from West Ham told the Evening Standard after the 1-0 win at Leeds on Saturday.

"I am pleased we won the game and I want to come back to play against Liverpool. I am not sure if I can but I am going to try.

Kanoute has denied he attacked Spurs over their attempts to block his passage to the tournament and revealed he will be more than happy to pick up his career at the club when he returns next month.

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
I'm really looking forward to this game since it'll say a lot about we are currently and could make out whether we;ll end 6 to 8th or like 15th. Liverpool are improving as of late, reverting back to the long ball which brought them some success before and we're off the back of 3 consecutive wins.

Bad news about Kanoute, since we'll now have no real target man since Postiga is a midgit and I can't see us starting with Zamora. If we are to pull it off, it'll have to be with the pace of Dalmat, Keane and Davies and we indeed do have a chance with Hypia and Biscan not being the quickest.

BUT Stephen Gerrard will be back in all likelihood and after Owens very rusty display against the Villa, I'm sure that he'll be improved. Our last game against the Pool at WHL ended in a 3-1 defeat, and with that in the back of our mind, the boys will be fully up for it, wanting to prove a point.

Michael Brown should make his debut for us btw on Saturday and he scored a couple of times yesterday for our reserves in our 5-0 win over Coventry reserves.

I'm undecided what the outcome will be. Looking at it now, I'll say that I'll be content with a draw.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
If we can land Butt (or someone his equivalent) by the deadline for this game, I'll remain optimistic for the three points. Otherwise, the game has draw written all over it....

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brown ready for Reds

By Danny Griffiths
Date: 13/1/2004

MICHAEL BROWN pressed his claim for a Tottenham debut against Liverpool with two goals for the reserves last night against Coventry...

Your Location: Home > Latest News

Brown ready for Reds
By Danny Griffiths for THEspursweb.com

MICHAEL BROWN pressed his claim for a Tottenham debut against Liverpool with two goals for the reserves last night against Coventry.

The £500,000 signing from Sheffield United struck in each half with Helder Postiga, who may be needed to replace Mali-bound Fredi Kanoute in attack, was also on target in the 5-0 romp. Jamie Slabber and Rohan Ricketts completed the scoring.

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
Could be hard for him to get into the starting line-up with Davies back and Pleat liking Anderton.

Should we pray for Anderton to get injured? :eek:

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
Can the postman deliver a present?

Really looking forward to this game. Live commentary on talksport btw and it should be screened at the locals overhere

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
Absolutely brilliant!!! :happy: :happy: saw the game on NTV

Shambolic performance from Liverpool. It will be only a matter of time before Houillier gets booted out of Liverpool. Only Owen (still rusty), Hamann and Kewell can hold their heads up. Rest was very average and should be ashamed of themselves playing like that for a club as great as Liverpool. They only pressured us in end of the first half with a couple of corners and after Kewell scored. Rest of the game was ours.

Only the most biased Liverpool fan would claim that they deserved something from the game. Owen probably did deserve a penalty btw in the end of the second half but them getting a point off us would have been daylight robbery!!!

As for us, Michael Brown gelled in the team very well. Sicknote was in command of midfield of the first half and Davies&Dalmat were good as usual. Defence was surprisingly good too. Doherty did well unexpectedly and Tony Gardner was a rock.

Penalty was fully justified after a clumsy challenge on Keane by either Biscan or Hypia (didn't see clearly) and then cometh the hour cometh the man HELDER POSTIGA in the second half sliding the ball in after a long ball from Johnny Jackson. Postiga had a good game too. Combining well but he did seems very eager to shoot (with many going metres over the bar)

Ledley King wasn't there btw. Was he suspended? :confused: or injured?

All in all a good performance and we have something to build on. 5 points off the drop now. A well needed win since we have tough fixtures coming up with Fulham away next after the FA cup.

COME ON YOU SPURS :fero: :fero: :star:

Team of the future THFC!

----------------new goalie----------

Carr---Gardner---King/Richards--Tarrico

Dalmat--Davies--Brown--Ricketts/Jackson

------Keane-----Postiga/ Kanoute-----

bench: Kelly, Marney still on the wings. :cool:

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
some respect from a Unitedfan as well... Heard it completely on the radio. CONGRATS! :)
Wally, havent I told you they are too good to get relegated? ;)

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
The quality was good too btw. and the delay wasn't too big, around 20 seconds with the English radio. A lot better than the rubbishy minute screen you get to see on Show TV (if i remember correctly)

did you see it btw?

Was really impressed by Michael Brown. Very determined player who seemed to run all day long and a good pass in him too unlike
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Article.asp?id=182445 :D whos been given his marching orders at Kaiserslautern. Read the last sentence btw, sucess :howler: :D

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Brown's positioning and passing were impressive as were his passion filled challenges - at £500K he's worth 500K of the dude pictured in your link :D :D

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
Hear this. Levy's plan for the share thing got voted through but guess how many fans voted?

20 :howler: :howler: :howler: of which 16 were for!

Anyone planning to invest 250 quid in the club btw? bit on the high side imo at least for my tight budget :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
good to see us get the three points against liverpool, nice to see brown get his debut...

things are lookin good for spurs... lets hope we can keep it up yeah ;)

p.s .... i used 2b known as forever_spurs.... but had problems loggin on so lets see if im able 2 stay postin this time... lol

another thing.... if you get some spare time visit www.ukmusicworldwide.com ... it was an all music forum till they introduced the sports forum.. im now mod of that... post loads of different topics but get no reply... loads of spurs stuff over there... would be nice to see some replies so if u can get urself over there ;) would b much appreciated!!

nice one...

come on the spurs :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts