XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
come on u spurs... :fero:

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
yeah pretty much :(

Blackburn are a good side too so I'll be real happy if we beat them no matter what.

Have a feeling that that **** Savage will do something though. He always does

·
Registered
467 Posts
Davids will hobble around half fit for 70 minutes.

Dawson will try to find Mido with a 'long pass' 774 times in the first half.

Murphy will wander around lost for 70 minutes as we abandon the short game now Mido's back.

And the crowd will get nervous during the second half as the match descends into a 1-1 draw.

Or maybe Dickov/Bentley will score an offside winner in the last minute.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wed Mar 08 10:00AM Pacific
Wed Mar 08 11:00AM Mountain
Wed Mar 08 12:00PM Central
Wed Mar 08 01:00PM Eastern
Length: 2 hr D
FOX Soccer Channel (FSC)
English Premier League
Tottenham Hotspur vs Blackburn Rovers

soccertv.com

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Pederson will miss this one I heard. Good news for us, tends to score a lot against the better sides in the league.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I'd be very happy with a point from this one considering our recent away form, but I think we'll still go with 2 up top and give it a go. Pedersen out but Sergio Peter should be adequate replacement.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tottenham's Mido: No nerves ahead of Blackburn crunch
tribalfootball.com - March 4, 2006

Tottenham striker Mido insists there's no nerves in the dressing room ahead of tomorrow's big match against Blackburn Rovers.

Rovers and Spurs are battling for a European place this season and Egypt international Mido told Tottenham's website: "We are not nervous, I am not.

"We just have to think about our situation, play our own football and I think the next game is very important. Blackburn are three points behind us and, if we win the game, it will make a big gap between us and them.

"The next 11 games will be like cup finals and we have to play strongly - away too. That is what will make the difference for us.

"They have some top players and I think their best player is Pedersen - who is very good. We have to deal with the game and play our football to win, not let any team take us into their football. We have to stick with ours and if we do that we should win."

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
You guys are on SkySports Super Sunday again, I am not complaining as you play good football and I dont mind watching Spurs but Sky are certainly following your pursuit to get a UCL place closely. :pp

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
mutu1875 said:
Sergio Peter should be adequate replacement.
who's he? :D sounds exotic, so he probably must have long floppy gelled up hair , have silky skills and be a good diver, am I right? :glasses:

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Not a million miles off Wally. He's come through the academy - blistering pace, not affraid to take people on but still very raw. And yes, he is German.

Only has a handful of first team appearances so we might go with Bentley wide left but I'd rather see Peter there.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
loooking forward to Bellamy roasting King. :lick:
if there is any roasting to be done, im sure we can invite ashley cole along? or wotever other gays u gota knocking around highbury who like taking it up the arsenal

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
victorvaldes.1. said:
if there is any roasting to be done, im sure we can invite ashley cole along? or wotever other gays u gota knocking around highbury who like taking it up the arsenal
well i'd suggest that your own Robbie Keane is the only gay in the North London village with his effeminate forward rolls whenever he scores. ;)

shut that door. :lick:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
victorvaldes.1. said:
:howler::howler::howler::howler::howler:

That is one of the best posts I have read for a very long time. :D:thumbsup:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
11:00 ET - White Hart Lane

Tottenham v Blackburn

Preview Match Gamecast Mobile

Updated: March 4, 2006, 9:10 AM ET
Tottenham v Blackburn: PreviewPA

Tottenham midfielder Edgar Davids claims his training ground bust-up with team-mate Robbie Keane has benefited the team as they seek to clinch a place in the Champions League next season.

Spurs face Blackburn at White Hart Lane knowing victory would boost their hopes of finishing fourth in the Premiership table.

They have been in the top six all season, but in December their ambitions appeared under threat from within the camp as Davids and Keane traded blows in a training ground incident that forced manager Martin Jol to read them the riot act.

A heated argument between the duo during a practice match continued to fester as the players returned to the Spurs Lodge dressing rooms. The ill feeling then spilled over into a brawl before team-mates separated the feuding stars.

Keane was left with red marks on his face and Jol later ordered them to patch up their differences in his office before the home match against Sunderland.

Keane, who has just signed a new four-year contract, later played down the row but now Davids has insisted the bust-up did nothing but good for the squad.

The Dutchman said: ``What happened between me and Robbie was a very good thing. We had an argument and then spoke about it. It's good because he said something that had been on his chest and then I said what had been on mine. We didn't beat around the bush. We had a discussion, we talked about it, it was over and done with and we moved on. Now our relationship is even better. We have both grown from that discussion.''

Blackburn goalkeeper Brad Friedel has vowed to carry on playing until he drops due to his enjoyment at being involved with the best Blackburn squad he has known.

At 34, Friedel is not particularly old for a goalkeeper and with another two years on his Blackburn contract beyond this one, appears set to be at Ewood Park for some time.

Having made his 200th league appearance for Rovers in their 1-0 win at home to Arsenal last Saturday, earning his 14th clean sheet of the season, the American conceded he is enjoying himself more than ever.

The former United States international said: ``You enjoy it more as you get older because you finally figure out you can't play forever, so you relish every time you go onto the pitch.

``My contract will take me up to being 37 years old and if I can carry on after that then great.

``I retired from international football to extend my club career so I'll carry on for as long as the club want me or I can keep on playing. I'll play until I drop.''

soccernet

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
well i'd suggest that your own Robbie Keane is the only gay in the North London village with his effeminate forward rolls whenever he scores. ;)

shut that door. :lick:
we all know why ashley cole was so keen for arsenal to have o2 as a sponsor, think of all the phone action!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts