Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the cl last year it was 3 out of 4 in the semis. this year, as i fully expect liverpool to oust inter, it'll be all 4 advancing to the quarters. contrast that to 1 from la liga and 1 from serie a. there is no doubt anymore which is the best league in the world at present.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
where will you hide if the semi finals teams are

Barca, Roma, Fener and Schalke?

·
Registered
27,401 Posts
currently, the epl has the strongest top 4 IN EUROPE/WORLD. However, there is a steep drop off after the top 4 teams. the worst teams in the epl would probably be fighting off relegation in serie b. That is why I rate Serie A and La Liga over the EPL.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Not this crap AGAIN.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
currently, the epl has the strongest top 4 IN EUROPE/WORLD. However, there is a steep drop off after the top 4 teams. the worst teams in the epl would probably be fighting off relegation in serie b. That is why I rate Serie A and La Liga over the EPL.
The midtable teams are increasing at quite a rate though, simply because they now have bags and bags of money. The likes of Blackburn, Pompey, Massive City, Everton, Spurs are improving at quite a rate. Which is just now starting to reflect in the UEFA cup. All 3 English teams through to the last 16. Including relegation battlers Bolton who knocked out top 4 Atletico, even with the quite significant handicap of not being able to control a ball, quite an achievement.

·
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
2,465 Posts
the worst teams in the epl would probably be fighting off relegation in serie b. That is why I rate Serie A and La Liga over the EPL.
The number of weak EPL sides is getting smaller quickly though - sides like Boro and Bolton have shown or are showing what they can do in Europe.

You can just tell how strong England is becoming by following the transfers (and rumours) where sides like Man City and Everton can compete with clubs like Valencia. On top of that, you can bet players like Daniel Alves and Mancini would much rather play for Chelsea/Liverpool than at their current clubs.

At the moment only Barcelona looks to be able to compete with England's 4.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Whatever, yes Serie A is sucking major, and EPL is the best now. Can't wait for the foreigner limits though.

·
Major
1,342 Posts
Whatever, yes Serie A is sucking major, and EPL is the best now. Can't wait for the foreigner limits though.
well the prob is... EPL has four majors... whrs a serie A has 2 majors(if u discount inter).. and la liga also only 2 teams... a

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Juve and who?

·
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,512 Posts

that's quite a (stupid) statement

·
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
2,465 Posts
well the prob is... EPL has four majors... whrs a serie A has 2 majors(if u discount inter).. and la liga also only 2 teams... a
It's not that. Valencia has made it to 3 European finals in the last decade, just like Liverpool. Plus they've won la liga, while Liverpool hasn't been close to winning the EPL.

It's clearly the finances - by the looks of it (I'd have no idea about the exact numbers) Valencia can't afford players like Mascherano or Torres, 2 players who obviously would've played in Spain or Italy 5-10 years ago. Another sign is all those Spaniards in England too of course. Even Real can't afford Chelsea's wages these days.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
None of the Serie A "top 4" would get into Europe if they played in the EPL. Maybe Inter could win the Piss Cup and get in through that way but that's it.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
None of the Serie A "top 4" would get into Europe if they played in the EPL. Maybe Inter could win the Piss Cup and get in through that way but that's it.

That's quite a tall claim to make, as it is hypothetical, you have no danger of being proved totally wrong.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Liverpool has been pretty ordinary, so has been Arsenal.

Chelsea & Man.United are the 2 English teams which have been consistent over the last few years.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.