Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should be an interesting summer thinking about it. Depending on who the promoted teams are I can't think of one team that won't have money to spend without needing to sell (Man Yoo are pleading poverty but we all know how that turns out). So bearing that in mind how much of an interesting summer are we going to have?

I can see English clubs fighting it out for the likes of Joaquin, Rosicky, Ramos, Riquelme, Kameni, Reina, Maschareno, Tevez, Torres, Emre, Van Der Meyde, Van Bommel, Aimar, Kronkamp, Van Der Vaart, Kompany, Maxwell, Wilhelmson, Essien, Malouda, Govou, Mavuba, Kalou etc etc so it should be fun.

Who'll go where, why and who'll end up with the strongest side next season because of it?

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just dig doing idle speculation. Pour example with your gooners...

Look at the weaknesses a bit so to me that's a goalie, RB, the lack of defensive depth, Bergkamp getting on and a good right winger rather than a right midfielder as Freddie is.

So we can look at the players you've been linked with which IIRC are Hleb, SWP, Cassano and Owen with any seriousness though I'm sure more will come.

You'll likely get rid of Edu, Cygan, Lehmann and Aliadiere.

Sooo, we can realistically pick up within your budget...

Sebastien Frey (£8-10 mil). You'd have to battle Inter for his services but if I were Wenger I'd be confident. Inter might be banned from Europe and you have the French contigent to make him feel at home. Alternatives seem to be Kameni and Hilderbrand.

Vincent Kompany (£10-12 mil) - Wants to come to England, is good enough to start straight away and allow you to move Toure across to RB. If you wanted him you could have a clear path imo.

SWP (£18-20 mil) - The star buy, English teams need English players and SWP fits the bill, could either play as a winger or second striker. I'd take him above Hleb who I think is the primary midfield reinforcement personally.

Antonio Cassano (£15-20 mil) - Maybe stretching the budget a bit here but he'd be ideal as a replacement for Bergy. Roma have always seemed to be interested in Lauren so maybe offer him in part exchange.

So, potential team could be...

-------------------------------Frey---------------------------------
(Almunia)
Toure-------------Campbell-------------Kompany--------------Cole
(Eboue) (Senderos) (Senderos) (Clichy)

SWP--------------Vieira---------------Gilberto----------------Reyes
(Ljungberg) (Fabregas/Ljungberg) (Flamini/Fabregas)------(Pires)

---------------------Cassano----------------------------------------
(Van Persie)
-----------------------------------------Henry-----------------------
(Lupoli/Van Persie)

Attainable imo.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
------------------------------------Hildebrand----------------------------------------
Neville----------------Ferdinand--------------------Heinze-----------------------Chivu
----------------------------Keane---------------Essien-------------------------------
-------------------------------------Scholes-----------------------------------------
-------------------Ronaldo-------------------------------Rooney---------------------
-----------------------------------v.Nistelrooy---------------------------------------

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Faisal said:
Henry and Cassano upfront for Arsenal, How good would that be to watch!
it would be great unless they had a personality clash, can you imagine if them two didn't get on ? though i think Henry has such a great respect for Cassano's ability it would probably work.

btw, i don't think Wenger will ever get Frey, i heard he spoke to him before and told someone that he was so stupid that he couldn't have someone that idiotic in his squad. :D

Kompany and SWP i'm happy with, although i have my doubts Wenger will buy another CB now that Senderos is established. ;)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Zack said:
------------------------------------Hildebrand----------------------------------------
Neville----------------Ferdinand--------------------Heinze-----------------------Chivu
----------------------------Keane---------------Essien-------------------------------
-------------------------------------Scholes-----------------------------------------
-------------------Ronaldo-------------------------------Rooney---------------------
-----------------------------------v.Nistelrooy---------------------------------------

good team, about £30m worth or reinforcements isn't it ?

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
I don't care about realisticness (is that a word);

-------------------Reina--------------------
Ramos----Carragher-----Metzelder---Warnock
---------Gerrard (c)---:star:ALONSO:star:-----
Garcia-------------Aimar------------Riise
--------------Cisse or Morientes----------

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And for mah boyz. :proud:

We need to keep three of the loanees. We've agreed a fee for Pennant and we're going to get him. Pandiani seems extremely likely and we need him. Nafti wouldn't be too expensive and is a good squad player. Diao can take a running jump.

Other than that the dream would be Scott Parker. We need to get Melchiot on the phone to him every day to persude him that Brum is the way forward. If we get him all I want is a RB and some defensive depth. In terms of RB I'd like us to stay as English as possible so Phil Jagelkia would be my first choice if Sheff Utd don't get promoted this year. Second choice would be Oliver Bernard. Defensive depth wise I'd like to arrange a loan for Callum Davenport for a season (Spurs have more than enough there).

so.

----------------------------Taylor----------------------------

Melchiot--------Cunningham----------Upson-----------Jagelkia

Pennant---------Parker-------------Dunn--------------Gray

-----------------Pandiani-----------Heskey-----------------

Lord knows I can live with that. If Dunn starts getting injury hit again then Darren Carter or Muzzy can come in.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
The Green One said:
Nobody if glazer gets his way FiveMagics :tongue:
The Glazer family said they would ensure £20 million transfer budget.

Frey - £6 million
Essein - £12 million

£2 million for Colleens shopping bill.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
------------------Robinson--------------------

Neville-------Rio-----------Pique--------Heinze

Ronaldo-----Keane---------Essien--------Giggs

-------------Ruud----------Rooney-----------

Taking into account the major rumours of a shock Scholes departure on various United message boards. I could see it sadly tbh. He's looked a shadow of his former self.

About £20m expenditure for Essien, Van Bommel (probably Barca bound :( ) and Robinson. £15m back from offloading Silvestre, Saha and Phil.

Cover for each position

GK: Howard/Steele
RB: Brown/O'Shea
LB: Spector/O'Shea
CB: Brown/O'Shea/Spector
RM: Fletch/Eagles...........Ole?
CM: Van Bommel/Fletch/Jones
LM: Rossi/Jones/Fortune/Martin
ST: Smith/Rossi/Blake.......Ole?

Bit bare down the right given that Fletcher is far, far better in the middle.

I think next year will be the year that the youngsters are given a chance and we go back to 4-4-2.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
SuicideDD said:
Taking into account the major rumours of a shock Scholes departure on various United message boards. I could see it sadly tbh. He's looked a shadow of his former self.
Eh? He's got ten goals this season despite having injury problems. And he quit England to give more to Man U, Alex would be an arse if he was the guy pushing him out.

============

Top three teams, just gonna list the people I think they should try to get.

=Arsenal=

SWP, Upson, Ashton, Frey.

Frey

Toure Campbell Upson Cole

SWP Vieira Silva Pires

Ashton Henry

Upson could be relatively cheap and will be known in the club and has the pace of the premiership already and fast becomming a very good defender. SWP would tear up europe, a must. Ashton is obviously kind of out there but he is young and eventually you're gonna have to start changing up how you do things. A strong center forward to hold up play, latch onto crosses and offer something to compliment Henry. Bergkamp will obviously be playing a good deal but he is older and has yet to sprout wings, team is perhaps too reliant on him. Plus you need a guy for SWP to target if he is indeed coming in.

=Man U=

Robinson, Paul Smith, Van Bommel, Parker, Downing.

Robinson

Neville Ferdinand Heinze Spector

Van Bommel Parker Scholes

Ronaldo RVN Rooney

Van Bommel I think is suited to the premiership and I am sure he knows it, a move to Man U would be obviously quite cheap. Parker I think is just about the only guy who could perhaps live up to Keane and maybe do better things. Keane will obviously be getting on and will need to be on the bench more. Robinson could be fairly cheap, is a young international who has done wonders. He has the kind of personality that rises to the occasion. Paul Smith is also pretty young and can probably be got cheaper and help get rid of the other keepers. Then again Southampton might be looking to sell Niemi if they go down. Downing is a bit of a stretch if Man U have no money (I imagine some of it being recouped from people leaving) but he gives a lot of options and is an obvious talent worth having in your team. Could be the Beckham of the left for RVN.

=Chelsea=

Owen, D. Bent, Maxwell.

Cech

Johnson Terry Gallas Bridge

Parker Makalele Lampard

Cole Owen Robben

Maxwell as cover for Bridge. Owen in to get 20-30 goals a season for Chelsea, coming into his peak rather than the end of his career. With the kind of game/system that would carve up teams with his speed. I mean how many times has Drogba been put through one on one with his lack of pace... imagine it with Owen. Difference is he'd actually put those chances away. Bent as a young understudy who is a very good prospect. I'm assuming Chelsea aren't stupid enough to sell Parker even though I have listed him for man u. :D

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I dont think Downing and Parker are Man Utd quality, certainly not Parker in for Keane. I would rather see Essein who could do a job much better than Parker. I think Man Utd should wait for someone special to replace Giggs on the left, someone like Vicente, Downing has talent but only good for team like Middlesborough, although I could be wrong. Also Middlesborough would charge a kings ransom for him, English player are so overpriced It would be better to poach players out of France, Lyon (Essein, Juninho Pernablablabla, that other good forward, forgot his name) and Spain, alot cheaper.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
FiveMagics said:
I dont think Downing and Parker are Man Utd quality, certainly not Parker in for Keane. I would rather see Essein who could do a job much better than Parker. I think Man Utd should wait for someone special to replace Giggs on the left, someone like Vicente, Downing has talent but only good for team like Middlesborough, although I could be wrong. Also Middlesborough would charge a kings ransom for him, English player are so overpriced It would be better to poach players out of France, Lyon (Essein, Juninho Pernablablabla, that other good forward, forgot his name) and Spain, alot cheaper.
As opposed to Kleberson, Fletcher, Djemba-Djemba etc.? Downing has 11 assists in the premiership compared to Ronaldo's 4 and only one less goal. Parker is arguably a far better technical player than Keane is and is just as hard in his tackles as well. Well if Downing has managed to arguably do far better than Ronaldo this season then I don't see why he cannot be considered. When he hasn't had an RVN/Rooney to pick out with crosses. Not that JFH/Viduka are bad but they have been injured a lot of the time. Quality ain't cheap. :pp I'm sure a fair few said the same about Rooney. I doubt Essien will be that cheap, I'd expect a bidding war... assuming Lyon wants to sell him or that he wants to go. And he/they might not actually have any reason to do so, especially compared to what Lyon and Man U are doing this season respectively. ;)

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Marc said:
Eh? He's got ten goals this season despite having injury problems. And he quit England to give more to Man U, Alex would be an arse if he was the guy pushing him out.
Nah, he'd never ever be pushed out. The rumour going about is that he's lost his passion for the game...Hopefully it's just rubbish. :frownani:

1 - 20 of 108 Posts