Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
59,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KO 16:05 Sunday

Probably will be the worst afternoon we'll ever have experienced :eek: but think of the bright side, if we win, we'll be able to brag that a manager worse than Christian Gross and Gerry Francis would hae done one over them. I know wishful thinking but you never know.

Ok back to reality clueless Pleat will probably send this team out:

-----------------Keller--------------------

Carr----Doherty---Gardener---Taricco

Davies--King---Brown----Redknapp

---------Kanoute---Defoe-------------

but with the squad we got we should imo have :

---------------------Keller------------------

Carr------King----Doherty-----Taricco/Jackson

Dalmat----Davies----Brown----Ricketts

---------Keane-----Defoe---------------

Kanoute has been crap since he's come back from Mali so I'd take him out even though he's our only tallish striker. King in defence for obvious reasons.

Dalmat back on the right. He's also disappeared btw :mad: probably cos of a bust up too I read. Davies in the middle is risky but he;d do more than Redknapp. Ricketts on the left cos Ziege and Poyet haven't done anything this season.
My midfield looks very attacking but the one Pleat has played hasn't provided any service to our strikers for the last month and with King back in defence, it should be more stable.
We need to attack cos if we try to defend, we'll only get smacked. Come on Spurs, come out attacking. The Only way to attack the Arse!

AUDERE EST FACERE!!!:fero: :fero: :fero:

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
3 possible emotions can come out of this game:

1) We end Arsenal's unbeaten run and therefore their quest to be the only unbeaten champions :fero:

2) They win the league at WHL :depress:

3) None of the above as we have yet another derby draw at WHL :)

I'd love #1 to happen, but would definately settle for #3. As for #2, the only thing that would lessen the blow is if Fener beat BJK at inonu an hour later...

For me to have a perfect day, option 1 happens and Fener win at inonu. Drinks all round...

For me to have an OK day, both my teams draw. A shandy top each...

For me to contemplate running out of the country until after Euro 2004, both my teams lose... www.northpoleairlines.com!!

·
Registered
59,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wally said:

but with the squad we got we should imo have :

---------------------Keller------------------

Carr------King----Doherty-----Taricco/Jackson

Dalmat----Davies----Brown----Ricketts

---------Keane-----Defoe---------------

Holy cow, I meant Gardener and King course :howler:

As for the game, Redknapp has said he'd do all he could not to lose. I actually think he'd better off forming some human chain with Anderton in front of the gates of WHL . :howler: :D probably the only way they'd make themselves handy :groan:

I hope its option 1 . Had enough of the draws where we totally outplayed them yet fail to win thanks to Kasey Keller :fero:
If it's 2, then I hope PSV lose too.

for euro 2004 You can always support England btw Cem , fellow Brit :pp

·
Registered
58,038 Posts
WHOA

So if Arsenal beat you guys at WHL they win the league ? In your very own pitch ? :eek::googly::eekani:

Wouldn't like to be in your place if that happens.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i just hope that we beat them this week... :D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Carr misses Arsenal game

By Neil Vaughan
Date: 21/4/2004

Tottenham full-back Stephen Carr will miss the North London derby with table toppers Arsenal because of a back injury. The talented...

Your Location: Home > Latest News

Carr misses Arsenal game
Source: Sky Sports

Tottenham full-back Stephen Carr will miss the North London derby with table toppers Arsenal because of a back injury.

The talented defender, whose contract expires at the end of next season, will also miss Republic of Ireland's friendly with Poland in midweek.

Carr had an injection on Tuesday to ease the pain but as yet has not responded enough to be ready for first-team action.

Spurs' under-fire boss David Pleat has confirmed that the player will be unavailable for the foreseeable future.

"He wouldn't be fit enough for the game as he needs to rest," confirmed David Pleat.

"We're withdrawing him and Republic of Ireland will be getting a call from us this afternoon."

·
Registered
62 Posts
my god this is either gonna be one of the worst days or my life, or yet another excuse to tell those cocky w*****s to shut the f*** up!!!

1 point from our last 6 games is hardly inspiring me with much confidence tho :(

but you'd hope that the lads might put in a bit of effort for this game, of all games, and on top of everything else, a win would ease our *SIGH* relegation worries :depress:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
welcome to this forum, la dolce vita... :)

·
Registered
59,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Carr out! that aint great. Kelly in for him then I guess.

Deano will be back for the game btw :happy: :happy: :howler: :sob:

Can't have a good feeling bout it but you never know.

welcome back dolce vita btw :)

·
Registered
59,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Henry will be in Docs pocket and now for sure with Deano back :fero: NO ESCAPE!!!!:fero:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Nerazzuri4life said:
WHOA

So if Arsenal beat you guys at WHL they win the league ? In your very own pitch ? :eek::googly::eekani:

Wouldn't like to be in your place if that happens.
neither would they. :D

not only that but we already did it before in 1971 , if we do it again we can rightly claim we have won the League more times at White Hart Lane than Spurs have. :googly: :jester: :happy:

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
neither would they. :D

not only that but we already did it before in 1971 , if we do it again we can rightly claim we have won the League more times at White Hart Lane than Spurs have. :googly: :jester: :happy:
You'll have to do it one more time after this to claim your last statement....

Still, you haven't done it this time yet either...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wally said:
welcome back dolce vita btw
cheers! hi :)

Luckily for me I'm going down to the South Coast on Sunday evening. If we lose the game I wouldnt be able to leave my house for a week :(

Im hoping our attack is in good form because they will have to be able to get a goal or most likely two, the chances of the defence keeping a clean sheet against an in-form Henry are so unbelievably slim.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Richards declares himself fit

By Neil Vaughan
Date: 22/4/2004

DEAN RICHARDS has declared himself fit for Sunday's North London derby match against Arsenal. The central defender has been......

Your Location: Home > Latest News

Richards declares himself fit
By Neil Vaughan for THEspursweb.com

DEAN RICHARDS has declared himself fit for Sunday's North London derby match against Arsenal.

The central defender has been missing due to a virus and Achillies problems, but is ready to take his place in defence if he is needed. He recently returned to action in a reserve game.

''I got a good 60 minutes under my belt,'' Richards told the Evening Standard.

''This time I wanted to take my time and play a couple of reserve team games but we're running out of time.

''We're also running out of games, so it's a case of if I'm needed, I'll be ready to play.''

1 - 20 of 76 Posts