Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surely now this is conclusive proof. Half the quarter finalists are English, and there's only Roma.

EPL is the best league in the world, FACT.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Yes, this season it is, but it should be La Liga appearing in the thread title because Serie A hasn't been in the top 2 for quite a while.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The fact we have 6 or 7 teams capable of challenging for the 4 CL places says it all.

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
Serie A is generally below quality, their top sides are nothing special and their mid-table sides are dire too.

The Prem and La Liga are clearly stronger (EPL with it's success in europe, then La Liga with it's 2006 romp of European titles and last year's all-Spanish final).

Serie A generally has a less quality than these two leagues.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Yes, this season it is, but it should be La Liga appearing in the thread title because Serie A hasn't been in the top 2 for quite a while.
Except a Serie A team won it last year.

So good logic there if your gonna get into a CL debate.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
its all cyclical. in the 90's the Italians dominated the European football scene. then the Spanish for the latter 90's and early noughties, but it seems the big 4 have really started to do well in Europe and now the EPL dominates Europe. The cycle will change again though. Hopefully Liverpool can get a few more titles :hopeful:

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
If you ask me... EPL is now proven to be quite a few levels above La Liga and Serie A... well maybe not the EPL as a whiole, but the major teams. Lets not forget that 3 of these 4 QFs are assraping the EPL and are quite far away from the rest of the teams. If Everton were in the CL I doubt they would reach the QF.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
La Liga is still the best for me.

Barca and Sevilla in 2006 finals, Sevilla and Espanyol in 2007 finals and my general preference for technical football definitely makes it the best league in the World for me. EPL close second, although at this rate it is the fastest growing league and it wouldn't surprise me if it eclipsed La Liga in coming seasons. There's just too much money in England.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.