Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're going to have some selection problems for this game.
Sorondo is banned for 1 match :mad: , Darren Powell, his replacement against the Baggies , picked up a knock and Danny Granville has a back problem.
Team from:
Kiraly, Boyce, Hall, Borrowdale, Granville, Powell, Routledge, Leigertwood, Hughes, Soares, Freedman, Johnson, Speroni, Riihilahti, Lakis, Andrews, Popovic.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Unlucky to lose this. I was listening to it on Radio 5 and Palace did a Villa and just seemed unable to score! Which is unlike Johnson who had a couple of really good chances to put the ball in the back of the net. I was hoping you guys could do us a favour today and beat Bolton!

Palace 0 - 1 Bolton
Nolan

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Feck!!

We dominated this but didn't take our chances :wallbang:
Routledge messed up a 1 on 1 with the keeper in the 1st half and AJ missed a great chance in the 2nd :moan:
I think we got sucked into playing Bolton's physical game rather than concentrating on getting the ball down and playing our way.

Even Bolton's goal had a touch of luck, did it cross the line or not?

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
From what the commentators were saying on Radio 5 is that with the hindsight of TV replays, it seemed to have crossed the line, but the guys on Soccer Saturday weren't so sure! Guess it one of those decisions that could have gone either way. If it had been against Man Scum, Aresenal or Chelsea then it probably wouldn't have been given (they always seem to get let off!).

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I watch the game. They showd the "goal" from 3 different angles. It was REALLY hard to tell if it went it. The ball was in the air and could have paced the line right b4 the defender kicked it out.

Im also wondering why your coach hasent played Lakis lately. Your teams creativity droped significantly with him on the bench.... Yes yes he has a terrible finnish but the chances he creats cancels that out.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I don't know what's happened to Lakis, he's looked good in quite a few games :undecide:He wasn't in the squad today but was he has been on the bench for the 3 games before. Dowie seems unwilling to drop Routledge even though his performances have been less than awe inspiring.

Today's line up
Kiraly ,Boyce ,Hall ,Powell ,Granville ,Routledge (Kolkka ,59 ) ,Soares (Andrews ,88 ) ,Leigertwood (Riihilahti ,64 ) ,Hughes ,Johnson ,Freedman
Subs not used: Speroni,Borrowdale

About the goal, I think it may just have been over the line from the tv replays I've seen,how the lino could be sure I don't know :glasses:

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Lakis probably has a knock or something. I like him and definately would put hin in front of Kolkka.

We squandered chances in a game we really should have one. I really hope I don't come on here in May and say ''We should have beaten Bolton''. Results don't look too bad. Blackburn haven't done well recently and Southampton drew.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts