Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since no-one remembered to put up the thread, i thought i would do the honours! :)

Manchester United will revert to a more familiar starting line-up than the one that saw off Arsenal in the Carling Cup on Wednesday night as they entertain Southampton at Old Trafford. The Saints have not won at United for 17 years and the home side have netted 28 times against their South-Coast opponents in their last ten visits to Manchester. Despite history not being on their side Southampton have only lost one of their last six Premiership games and should welcome James Beattie back to the starting XI.

Having said that, i think we should easily dispose of this lot! :D

Possible Line-up:

-----------Carroll-----------
G.Nev---Rio---Mickey---Heinze
Ronnie-Scholes-Keano-Giggsy?
--------Rooney-RvN---------

Prediction:
3-0
* RvN
* Rooney (he is due a goal)
* Ronaldo (definatly due a goal)

·
Registered
45 Posts
U think Ronaldo will finally score?? He needs to doesn't he!

I think Scholes has got to keep his goal scoring run going so he's a definate favourite to score.

I hope Rooney sorts his scoring out but then again iv just swapped him in my dream team so that would be bloody typical!

I think Southapmton will come here losers and go home losers.

·
Registered
74 Posts
But Rooney is playing a more deeper role and he is doing good with the way he is playing. Ronaldo is playing o.k and is due a goal but if he can make assets for RVN then its all good.

Yeah Man United to win 3-1 I think.

Come of you Red Devils.

Chelsea to drop points this week-end hopefully.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I think our confidence is back. We should be winning this game comfortably. This should be our starting line-up:
-------------Carroll
Wes Brown----Rio-----Mickey----Beans
Keane----Scholes-------Giggs
-------Ronaldo----------Rooney
-------------RVN

I predict a 2-0 win for us. Scholes and RVN to score for us.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
I think we might see Fletcher or Smithy playing. But whoever plays, we should win.

3-1 to us, with hopefully Ronaldo scoring at last.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Patience will be the key in this game.

Soton have a terrible record at Old Trafford and nothing much has changed in the side to suggest that today it would be different.Steve Wigley's side had a good run of 6 games without defeat but that was against inferior opposition and still the side looked a bit one-dimensional.They have Phillips and if Beattie recovers in time,then the England international up front but our defense should be able to cope with them easily.Their midfield lacks creativity with Fabrice Fernandes the only bright spark but they make up for this deficiency with effort and commitment.Thats why I think that the most important quality for United players today could be patience.

The perfect start would be to get a goal early goal as not only would it settle down the players but also ensure that Soton cannot just sit back and protect their back four but come forward as well.This would open up more spaces for us to exploit and thankfully our midfielders are all hitting form once again.

Since we are playing at home, Fergie could opt for 4-4-2 with Giggsy and Ronaldo on the wings however I wouldnt mind sticking with the 4-3-3 because we have been creating plenty of chances using that.It also allows our two most creative players.....Ronaldo and Rooney plenty of freedom and space up front and the flexibility of the formation also helps to confuse the opposing defenders as well.

------------------Carroll-------------------
Gaz-------Rio------------Micky------Heinze---
------Fletch-------Keano------Scholes-------
Ronaldo-----------------------Rooney------
-------------Ruud---------------------

That leaves us with a very strong bench including Giggsy and Smith among others and it would ensure that Fergie has quality to bring on if the going gets tough.

Chelsea have a difficult home game against the Geordies and its important that we do our part of the deal and dispose off the Saints clinically and wait for the top two to slip up again!:)

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Official Team today:

Carroll
Gaz, Rio, Silvestre, Heinze
Ronaldo, Keane, Scholes, Giggs
Rooney, Smith

Bench: Howard, Brown, Fletcher, Miller, Bellion

Ruud ruled out with a heel injury apparently, so we revert back to a 4-4-2.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
It seems like we are playing really well in the second half. Rooney, Ronaldo and Scholes all had a few chances to score, but it was the Ginger Prince to score for us. I agree with Suicide, that Scholes scored just when I was starting to feel that it was gonna be one of "those games".

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
It seems to me that Manu got their groove back , but Chelski will take it this year!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
3-0

Ronaldo. Glad to see him score. He missed an absoloute sitter just before the goal.

After a lacklustre first-half, we could/should have 5 or 6.

Manchester United Southampton

33 Total Shots 4

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Great win:), it is looking like the team can go on a big winning run.
And the biggest plus from this game, is Ronaldo scoring.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Btw got to give credit to Giggsy, he was great today. It looks like the rest has worked wonders on Giggsy:), and hopefully he keeps it up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts