Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to get all the strikers back in scoring runs, before the Milan game.

And hopefully Liverpool beat Chelski in the final, which then will mean 3 defeats in a row for Chelski and that could mean disaster. If that does happen, considering after Joses behaviour after the Barcelona match, they will be put in huge pressure, and they might do an Arsenal and bottle it.

About the team, in defence, Fergie should leave it as it was yesterday, with Brown who was great, but he will put Silvestre there :eek: . (even though this guy ****s up time after time, like against Milan, when he just came on and nearly gifted them a goal, fergie still starts him :( . Reminds me of Zac and his lover boy at Inter :yawn: ).
About the attack Ruud has to start, and Saha with Smithy need to come on, on the 2nd half to get match fitness.
We also have to use the 442, as that is what we need against Milan, because we have to go for it.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Yeah right now, I would rather have Liverpool winning than Chelsea :D.

I am sure Fergie will start Ruud in this match. He needs all the matches he can get before we face Milan in a fortnight.

I also agree that against Milan we might have to revert back to the 4-4-2 formation as we have to go all out at the San Siro to get a positive result. The 4-3-3 just might not work there.

We shouldnt have any difficulty in winning this game. Hopefully we will be over this defeat to Milan and play the way we are used to play in the EPL.

I predict a 2-0 win. Ruud and Ronaldo to score.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
united to win. and wes should definately start ahead of sylvetre..

2-0...ruud and ronaldo

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
According to Sky Sports, Rossi might get a start or at least a place on the bench :) :star: . A future attack of Rossi-Rooney-Ronaldo is mouthwatering.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
I've not seen anything of Rossi, does anyone know how he is shaping up? I hear he is quite a talent.

I don't think he even plays regularly in the reserves, does anyone watch the reserves and can confirm this?

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He is quick and has great ball control. He has scored some superb goals so far:). He is with Jonesy, our best player in the reserves/youth.

Once he develops his body a bit more, 2 forwards in Rooney and Rossi will be amazing for us.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I would expect to see Ruud get a full game, and I would hope to see Wesley get a start against Pompey - he had a great game against Milan.

The future looks very bright at Old Trafford, some fantastic young players in our ranks.

We cannot afford to lose any points whilst still chasing Chelsea. Only 3 points will be adequate.

Pompey were a good side against us under Redknap... we'll soon find out if anything's changed.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
actually quite surprised to hear rossi might start..with ruud probably going to get as many minutes under his belt before the away leg to AC milan, i wold have thought the other striker slot would go to our other 3 top class strikers: rooney,smith,saha..

well, someone on this forum predicted ages ago he would probably experience 1st team football by the end of the season, guess they were right!

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Ruud to start. So should Smith. Rooney to be given a breather. He has been working his arse off, carrying the burden of scoring in the absence of the other top strikers. Giggsy and Ronaldo on the wings with Phizza!:eekani: and Scholes in midfield if Keano doesnt feel up for it. Or perhaps even Fortune could start given his effort in the last couple of games. At the back, O'Shea might come in for Heinze but the rest should stay as it is with Brown definitely starting ahead of Micky who looked all so dodgy yesterday.

So the team should look like this.....

----------------Carroll-------------------
Gaz--------Rio----------Brown------O'Shea---
Ronaldo------Fortune/Phizza---Scholes---Giggsy--
-------------Smith----------Ruud--------

This line-up gives us plenty of attacking options all over the pitch and also enables Fergie to play some of the strikers who badly needs games under them. Portsmouth have been topsy-turvy at best since Harry left and their defense has been leaking goals constantly. Majority of our players know that they were below par against Milan and most of them will be restless to erase that from their memory with a satisfactory performance on Saturday. If Rossi gets in a few minutes in the process, then it'll be an added bonus.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Well, Ruud will start for sure. And Browny also needs to play (im sick of Silvestre and his constant blunders)

Man Utd [4] - [0] Pompey
Ruudx2
Roon

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I am sure a couple of players are going to be rested after such an exhausting game against Milan. Roy Keane will most probably be rested, and Rooney should be given a little break after such a long span of games upfront on his own. Cristiano Ronaldo can start from the bench too.

I am also unsure whether Ferguson will stick with Carroll or play Howard now.

---------------------------Carroll---------------------------
Neville-----------Ferdinand--------Brown--------------Heinze
-------------Neville-------Scholes--------Fortune-----------
--------------------Smith-------------------------Giggs----
---------------------------Ruud----------------------------

Prediction:
Manchester United 2-0 Portsmouth

Giggs and Van Nistelrooy to score.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
sHaHed said:
Yeah right now, I would rather have Liverpool winning than Chelsea :D.
WHY!? The rivalry between Liverpool and ManU fans is much more then just football it's hatred :fero: You would put aside history and pride just to see Chelsea win?

How do other ManU fans feel, who you want to win Liverpool or Chelsea? Partiuclarly interested to hear the views from Mancunians (no offence those who are not)

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
One is a Has-Been and the other a Never-Was. So take your petty battles elsewhere.;)

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Technically not a mancunian, but with all my family orginating from, and living in Manchester, I think i'm allowed to voice my opinion.

To be brutally honest SM Online, the rivarly is more or less one way for the time being. Until you start threatening our position in the league it'll stay that way!

Of course we still hate you, and Liverpool v United is still the biggest derby in England... but i'd prefer to see Mourinho fall, than Benitez.

I actually fancy you to win the Carling Cup, regardless of whether i'd like you to or not. Realistically it's the only trophy you have a chance of winning this season, and I believe your players will be hungrier for it than Chelseas players, who are still arguably playing for 3 trophies (lol).

I'd just like to see Mourinho sweat some, each trophy that passes him by makes a mockery of the 'quadruple' hopes.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
i got family in manchester and visit the place frequently, for as long as i can remember.. so ill state my opinion too:

the united-liverpool derby matches are very special, but at the moment chelsea are our biggest concern. i dont half mind the the chelsea team, but i loathe mourinho since the barca match, and i would love to see him fail once more.

besides, weve done the double over u, and unless we meet u in a cup competition this year, the battles are over for now!

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
I think Man Utd is gonna release all their anger out on Pompey :D

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Thanks for you opinions *OZ* and Simba.

The question was open to everyone, I'm just interested in what Mancunians think because maybe they understand the ferocity of the rivalry better.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Hey guys I hate Man Utd as a club but I bet on them today to make some quick cash and will i win?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts