Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
not vandesaar..hes been good but not the best...james had agreat season....Brad freidel ???

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
James easily, he's found his level though, they can forgive the odd clanger at Pompey, at a top club he just can't hack it.

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
James went on the best run of clean sheets in succession. He also performed exceedingly well in the remaining fixtures.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Golden Gloves is for the most clean sheets. It's not really a goalkeepers award at all, one for the defence and midfield too...and the whole team really.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that any time Pompey play live on Sky Sports, basicly all they do is slobber all over Harry Redknapp and David James? They always seem to do a 5 minute segment on David James, doing an interview with him and then getting the pundits to kiss his ass repeatedly and then Jamie Redknapp always would weigh in with his , "on his day, he is the best goalkeeper in the world, I have no doubts about that."

Maybe he is, but on any goalkeepers day, they are the best in the world. And David James has consistently made clangers throughout his career and by now he will be thinking about a pension, so he always will be like that. It's as repetitive as the 'debates' about Rafa's rotation, or super duper Stevie G not getting to play in central midfield. It's enough to make me both want to puke and fall asleep at the same time.

And then as regards Harry Redknapp, he gets the "oh int he a crafty cockney?" treatment, with all his "wheeling and dealing, always gets the best out of his players, Redknapp for England" etc.

The same old shit, every single time they're broadcast on sky. Redknapp is a good manager, James is a good keeper, but niether are the best. Get the f**k over it.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Well it sort of depends on his performance in the FA Cup Final; if he makes mistake then he doesnt deserve it. But otherwise James has been pretty damn good this season considering half of Pompy was away on ANC duty during the winter.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Id say James as well.

If I had to pick a runner up I would have gone for Tim Howard think he had an excellent season.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that any time Pompey play live on Sky Sports, basicly all they do is slobber all over Harry Redknapp and David James? They always seem to do a 5 minute segment on David James, doing an interview with him and then getting the pundits to kiss his ass repeatedly and then Jamie Redknapp always would weigh in with his , "on his day, he is the best goalkeeper in the world, I have no doubts about that."

Maybe he is, but on any goalkeepers day, they are the best in the world. And David James has consistently made clangers throughout his career and by now he will be thinking about a pension, so he always will be like that. It's as repetitive as the 'debates' about Rafa's rotation, or super duper Stevie G not getting to play in central midfield. It's enough to make me both want to puke and fall asleep at the same time.

And then as regards Harry Redknapp, he gets the "oh int he a crafty cockney?" treatment, with all his "wheeling and dealing, always gets the best out of his players, Redknapp for England" etc.

The same old shit, every single time they're broadcast on sky. Redknapp is a good manager, James is a good keeper, but niether are the best. Get the f**k over it.

David James has had more comebacks than Staus Quo, and you always know he is one minute away from a howler.

AS for Harry, its a bit hard for Sky ot slag him off if his son is one of the pundits. What everyone is scared to confront Harry on is his transfer policy where he buys and sells a dozen players every summer, WHY harry, can't you get it right or is there a different reason?

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
for the most clean sheets , of course Reina and he won its award for the 3rd season in row ..
but for me i see James is the best GK in EPL followed by Bolton`s GK Al Habssi who helped his team incredibly to stay at the EPL . :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts