Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well u saw what happened to man utd after San siro against everton, its truely a gruelling schedule to put the effort they put on wednesday night in italy then ask them to press and chase on saturday 12 noon against a team like Man City!!

in fact if they manage to win, instead of a draw, i would really raise my hat to them given we have so many injuries now there is no squad rotation to be done - No essien, no ashley cole, no zhirkov, no boswinga, no deco, no cech probably, alex half fit etc...

god help us if hilario starts...

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he was shaky against Apoel...

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
We should win this game.

Manchester City played yesterday too, and I know Stoke isn't like Inter, but they played with ten men the entire extra-time. And some starters played there, like Bellamy, Ireland, Barry, Kompany or Lescott. Adebayor is banned for the game and Tevez still didn't return from Argentina.

Give confidence to Hilario. He made mistakes, like every keeper, but this season he was really good against Liverpool at Stamford Bridge. I hope Joe Cole starts and performs, because his time is coming to an end if he wants a new contract.

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cech is out for a month, our whole season is in jeopardy now as Hilario hardly played this season and the one game i watched for him as a start was blackburn in carling and we conceded 3 goals and got dumped out...games cech will definitly miss:

EPL: Man city and WestHam at home and Blackburn away (possibly portsmouth)..if it takes longer than a month then he will miss Aston Villa and Man Utd (april 3rd) then kiss goodbye the league title

FA Cup: Stoke at home, we can cope...

CL: Inter, could kiss CL goodbye...

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
We should win this game.

Manchester City played yesterday too, and I know Stoke isn't like Inter, but they played with ten men the entire extra-time. And some starters played there, like Bellamy, Ireland, Barry, Kompany or Lescott. Adebayor is banned for the game and Tevez still didn't return from Argentina.

Give confidence to Hilario. He made mistakes, like every keeper, but this season he was really good against Liverpool at Stamford Bridge. I hope Joe Cole starts and performs, because his time is coming to an end if he wants a new contract.
adebayor got the card in fa cup match not league match, that wont suspend him from playing this game will it?

anyways if ade is not suspended and if tevez comes back, this will most likely be the lineup.

.......adebayor...tevez
bellamy..berry..de jong....johnson
bridge..kompany..toure?...richards
..............given

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
why are you rolling your eyes? these are 2 different competitions. one is the cup and the other the league. i dont get why he would be suspended for a league match when he got the card in a cup match? wouldnt that suspend him for the next cup match?
I thought you were kidding, Adebayor is suspended for all domestic matches.

·
Registered
41,681 Posts
Yeah it applies for all league and domestic cup matches.

I can't wait to see if Bridge shakes Terry's hand...

·
THE
14,086 Posts
Only in England they can make it so ...soap.
Will Cheryl end up with Wayne now?
Watch the next episode of EPL.

No word of Tevez?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
probable lineup

Chelsea

Subs from Turnbull, Deco, J Cole, Ferreira, Kalou, Sturridge, Matic, Alex, Hutchinson, Bruma, Kakuta, Borini

Doubtful Deco (knee)

Injured Bosingwa (knee, 7 Mar), Essien (knee, 7 Mar), Zhirkov (calf, 7 Mar), Cech (calf, 27 Mar), A Cole (ankle, May)

Suspended None

Form guide WLWDWW

Disciplinary record Y37 R2

Leading scorer Drogba 19
Manchester City

Subs from Taylor, Touré, Onuoha, Boyata, Ireland, A Johnson, Sylvinho, Ibrahim, Garrido, Santa Cruz

Doubtful Santa Cruz (knee), Tevez (match fitness), Touré (knee)

Injured Ball (foot, 7 Mar), Petrov (knee, 20 Mar), M Johnson (knee, May)

Suspended Adebayor (first of four), Vieria

Form guide DDWLWL

Disciplinary record Y36 R2

Leading scorer Tevez 13

·
Registered
41,681 Posts
The Chelsea team is:

Hilario; Ivanovic, Carvalho, Terry, Malouda; Ballack, Mikel, Lampard; Anelka, Drogba, Joe Cole.

Subs: Turnbull, Paulo Ferreira, Kalou, Sturridge, Matic, Alex, Belletti.

The Man City team is:

Given; Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Bridge; Zabaleta, De Jong, Barry; Bellamy, Tevez, Adam Johnson.

Subs: Taylor, Onuoha, Wright-Phillips, Santa Cruz, Sylvinho, Toure, Ibrahim.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts