Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Third Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chelsea defender Ricardo Carvalho will have a late fitness test as he is struggling with a hamstring injury.

Michael Essien and Joe Cole (both knee) are out, but Ricardo Quaresma is in line to make his Blues debut.

Tigers picked up a single point from their last seven league games and slipped into the bottom half of the table.

·
Premium Member
17,516 Posts
6-0 for us, quaresma 5 lampard 1 :pp

·
Registered
446 Posts
So we've added one more portuguese player, and now were the NT?

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
So we've added one more portuguese player, and now were the NT?
Andy doesn't like Portuguese people. We're far too attractive for his liking.

·
Premium Member
17,516 Posts
I would be very happy if Scolari rest Alex and give some minutes to the poor Ivanovic. Am I the only who think Alex and Terry don't play well together?
yes you are :smileani: alex made 3 crucial blocks against liverpool which saved us, then made a mistake in the 89th minute not tracking torres, he is a man not superman...

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
I am not saying rest Alex because the brazilian is playing bad. He improved in recent weeks. I say rest Alex because we have an excellent defender in Ivanovic and he deserves some minutes. He did very well when played but he doesn't get time on the pitch since four or five matches.

I think this is good idea for keep all of our players happy and motivated.

·
JESTER OF SORTS
21,015 Posts
Ricardo Quaresma makes his debut on the right of an attack with Nicolas Anelka in the centre and Salomon Kalou on the left.

Hilario deputises for injured Petr Cech with 18-year-old keeper Rhys Taylor on the bench.

Michael Ballack makes his 100th Chelsea appearance.

Hull make just one change, Geovanni in for suspended Bernard Mendy.

Chelsea will line-up in a 4-3-3 formation as follows:

40 Hilario
17 José Bosingwa
33 Alex
26 John Terry (c)
3 Ashley Cole
13 Michael Ballack
12 John Mikel Obi
8 Frank Lampard
18 Ricardo Quaresma
39 Nicolas Anelka
21 Salomon Kalou

Substitutes: 30 Rhys Taylor, 2 Branislav Ivanovic, 35 Juliano Belletti, 20 Deco, 43 Miroslav Stoch, 9 Franco Di Santo, 11 Didier Drogba.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts