Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Lazing in a hammock
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another "Must win", Another "Test" bla, bla, bla.... The battle for the 4th place, a six pointer... Fvck this shit. Let's just win the game. We'll finish above liverpool come may. You've heared it here first;)

Almunia
Sagna Gallas Djourou Chlichy
Eboue Nasri(please Arsene) Song Diaby
Rvp Bendtner​

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
I'd take a draw.

Hope is keep it tight until January and hope we bring in some much needed reinforements esp a CM and winger.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
id love to see this:

almunia
sagna gallas djourou clichy
eboue denilson song wilshere
nasri
rvp

not gonna happen though, rvp might be a bit isolated. but even with bendtner this season he has looked isolated, there is no way the dane deserves to be starting. vela is far better.

·
Lazing in a hammock
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd play with big dane and rvp cause they are differnt types of players and can offer more than rvp/vela.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I'd play with big dane and rvp cause they are differnt types of players and can offer more than rvp/vela.
big dane has offered nothing recently, and villa's cb's - especially laursen-are good in the air, so i see no harm in using vela. rvp and vela are very different players.

i just wish we could play they type of football we played last year at villa park, and i think that was without cesc and rvp. however the linku up in that match between hleb (in the hole) eboue and rosicky was incredible to watch.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
we need to appeal adebayor's dodgy yellow cards. fcuking joke.

somehow, i feel that we'll struggle greatly in this game. we never play really well at villa park and against the likes of young, agbonlahor and carew. we're going to have a tough game.. i'd take a draw.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
0-4

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
villa is a team that we should beat wherever we play them
They rolled over us already this season and that was at home with all of Theo, Cesc and Ade starting. Facts are Villa always given us tough games. I still remember being 2-0 up at Villa Park in 99 only to concede 3 goals, a loss which proved very costly in our chase for our first back-back league title since the 1930's.

I'd take a draw in heartbeat.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
The Battle for 4th Place!

Should be a good game; MON will play with 3 central defenders only Gabby and Young will get forward. I reckon if you loose this one Aston Villa will gain alot of confidence so a lose here might spell an uncertain season where Villa would have your fate in their hands. And you'd have to wait for them to slip up. After all you also have the CL to think of.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Will settle for a draw with key players missing. Anything more would be a pleasant surprise. Some people need to wake up a little bit. Villa are not in the position they are in by some chance. They spent a lot of money in the summer and are threatening to strenghten with more players in January. Forget the Liverpool's, Chelsea's and Man.United's. Villa are our immediate threat. Until we are able to string a run of victories together and stop conceding goals on a regular basis there is no room for complacency or arrogance. The threat from Villa is very real and if we don't get our own house in order they could find themselves with a healthy lead over us in the table.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
we will have to play 4-5-1 with Ade out and our central midfield now robbed of it's only true talent, Diaby just behind RvP would be my choice.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
This is just going to be another Man City. Patched up squad, key players missing - we'll hang on in there for 30 minutes or so then the floodgates will open.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
The key for me has always been the defence. If we do not just panic over absolutely nothing then we should be able to deal with Villa. If only Clichy and Gallas do not do their usual stupid business, we should beat them. Good thing though is 'fast winger Denilson' will be playing in his real position. I genuinely hope Wenger can have the balls to use Vela as the other winger with Nasri on the other side. Man city was bad because Hoyte managed to make S.W Philips look like a world class player.

We should get at the least a draw.

·
Registered
891 Posts
The interesting thing with Villa is that they haven't been in this position for a long time yes they have been a good team the last few seasons but not on the verge of something big. They have a lot of young players so who knows what the pressure will do to them.

I can see this ending in a 1-1.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Villa will have a blip in their season. The top four hasn't been breached for so many years. It's a big step for Villa. The pressure could get to them and there is a long way to go. First step is to try and get some consistency in this team and put them under pressure. The way things stand atm Villa could go on a mini slump but still get away with it due to our own inconsistency.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Come on Arsenal! We gotta win this game.

My starting XI prediction:

-----------------Almunia----------------
Sagna-----Djorou--------Gallas----Clichy
Eboue-----Denilson-----Song-----Nasri--
----------Bentnder-----v.Persie---------

1 - 20 of 156 Posts