Sagna----Gallas---Djourou----Clichy

Arshavin----Denilson----Song----Nasri

RVP-Bendtner

Subs: Fabianski, Eduardo, Kolo, Eboue, Vela, Gibbs, Ramsey or Bischoff

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Knowing AW we may very well see Eboue start and comrade Arshavin subbed on after 60+ minutes.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I reallly hope we do not see Eboue in this game.

If AW does decides comrade Arshavin is not ready to start fine, we can start the exact same midfield we did against Cardiff i.e Nasri on the RW & Vela on the LW. Please AW no ****ing Eboue.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Yeah, Eduardo and Arshavin will be on the bench for this one and both will probably be brought on later in the game. I can't see Wenger throwing Arshavin on straight away for his first game, and I can't see him starting Eduardo either.

I would start Nasri and Vela on the flanks. Vela did really well tonight and I don't see why he couldn't put on the same type of display against Sunderland. I just really hate the idea of seeing Eboue on the right yet again.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Isn't he suspended? Or does that start next week?

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, Eduardo and Arshavin will be on the bench for this one and both will probably be brought on later in the game. I can't see Wenger throwing Arshavin on straight away for his first game, and I can't see him starting Eduardo either.

I would start Nasri and Vela on the flanks. Vela did really well tonight and I don't see why he couldn't put on the same type of display against Sunderland. I just really hate the idea of seeing Eboue on the right yet again.
True

Vela and Narsi on the flanks should be enough, hell Gibbs should be ahead of Eboue as an option on the wings. I can hardly wait for Theo's return as that will further reduce Eboue's role.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Oh dammit.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Eboue....Eboue....Eboue....Eboue!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunderland will never be as open as Cardiff. Plus they're on somewhat of a roll. Don't you fvckers watch the league?

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eboue....Eboue....Eboue....Eboue!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunderland will never be as open as Cardiff. Plus they're on somewhat of a roll. Don't you fvckers watch the league?

So you would start Eboue?

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
F*CK eboue. that guy hasnt done jack lately. Start Arshavin please wenger. if we start eboue i can almost guarantee he'll pick up at least a yellow and provide nothing on the right hand side.

im hoping we cruise through this match. 3-0 to us. RVP to net another :D

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Yes I'd start Eboue. Especially since we're going to start with Nasri on the left.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
This is where it all starts for me for our tilt at trying to get into the top 4 with hopefully the debut of Arshavin. A win here and we have quite a few games following this that are winnable and that could allow us to go on a winning run. Unbeaten runs mean nothing now unless they are victories at this stage. Draws won't help us. We have to start winning to get into the mix starting from this match.

Also Wenger should be looking to play a settled side now in the league where possible to get them into a groove until a coule of injured players get back. No more chopping and changing. He needs to make a decision over the CB pairing now from Gallas, Toure and Djourou. If he rotates them it will not be beneficial to the team in the long run. It should start from this game.

Team I would like to see face Sunderland:

Almunia

Sagna Gallas Djourou Clichy

Nasri Song Denilson Arshavin

Eduardo RVP

Bendtner, Vela, Toure on the bench. The midfield is our weakness so you may as well have them play conservatively rather than having someone who is more attack minded and leaving Song or Denilson isolated. Both of them can't be trusted on their own with defensive responsibilities. Song is better than Denilson at that. So they may as well play together in the middle until Cesc gets back with Denilson the more adventurous of the two going forward but largely helping out Song. This hasn't worked out too badly recently with us conceding less goals. It will be affected when Cesc gets back as Cesc is more attack minded than Denilson and less conservative. It could give us a problem later with regards to Song or Denilson left more on their own more and not being able to babysit each other.

Wenger will probably go with a Toure and Gallas partnership as Djourou is the easier to drop out of the three and will give less trouble. It's not a terrible CB pairing at all but still have my doubts about Toure when the games ahead get hot. Gallas is not immune either but have more concerns over Toure.

As for the forwards Wenger will probably start Bendtner with RVP and have Eduardo as sub. Would rather see it the other way around and have Bendntner coming off the bench if needed. The wide positions? Wenger really now does not have so much of an excuse to keep playing Eboue. There are options now available to him that look pretty good so it would be hugely disappointing to see Eboue start games. The fans will let him know as well when they see alternatives that seem ok.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes I'd start Eboue. Especially since we're going to start with Nasri on the left.
I could comprehend why AW started Eboue over the course of the season but now there is no reason for Eboue to sniff a spot in the starting 11 and here is why

I know it is only Cardiff but we needed a win like that for confidence. The contrast between Arsenal’s performance at Cardiff was like day and night. There were four changes from the team that started at Cardiff. Gallas for Djourou, Denilson for Ramsey, Eduardo for Van Persie and Vela for Eboue. Nasri switched to the right flank to accommodate Vela. The key was the introduction of Vela, it now meant we are not relying on Nasri only to stretch and open the play. Vela's play transformed the team, moreover he formed a partnership with Eduardo and he seem to instinctively know where Eduardo was going to position himself. Vela is quality and he showed us we have a real player.

Vela's addition also helped Nasri because he was double marked and it meant we could only create from one flank. We now have players on both flanks who are happy keeping the ball, willing to take possession, not wasteful and above all, giving us movement that will open up a defence. Consequently, the team is now full of goal scoring opportunities. Now contrast with the waste of space that is Emmanuel Eboue, whose performances have been nothing short of a disgrace and a dreadful incompetence in the last three months. I can only wish we do not see Eboue in this team again.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Eboue was magnificent when we beat Madrid in CL. After that, his performance just gone into worst standard. The guy has good pace, but somehow can't think.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I could comprehend why AW started Eboue over the course of the season but now there is no reason for Eboue to sniff a spot in the starting 11 and here is why

I know it is only Cardiff but we needed a win like that for confidence. The contrast between Arsenal’s performance at Cardiff was like day and night. There were four changes from the team that started at Cardiff. Gallas for Djourou, Denilson for Ramsey, Eduardo for Van Persie and Vela for Eboue. Nasri switched to the right flank to accommodate Vela. The key was the introduction of Vela, it now meant we are not relying on Nasri only to stretch and open the play. Vela's play transformed the team, moreover he formed a partnership with Eduardo and he seem to instinctively know where Eduardo was going to position himself. Vela is quality and he showed us we have a real player.

Vela's addition also helped Nasri because he was double marked and it meant we could only create from one flank. We now have players on both flanks who are happy keeping the ball, willing to take possession, not wasteful and above all, giving us movement that will open up a defence. Consequently, the team is now full of goal scoring opportunities. Now contrast with the waste of space that is Emmanuel Eboue, whose performances have been nothing short of a disgrace and a dreadful incompetence in the last three months. I can only wish we do not see Eboue in this team again.
totally agree with this good post:)

we must win here- especially as chelsea are playing villa- im not convinced arshavin will start but im sure he will make an appearance at some point.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Really hope we return to the team that can score within the first half hour, taking the lead early changes the entire course of the game. Most teams will continue to pack 10 or even 11 behind the ball, the only real remedy is an early goal. Had Diaby for example buried that header in the opening minutes against West Ham odds are we walk away with an easy three points.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts