Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2nd installment of the trilogy.

We need to win this one to keep alive any hopes of winning the title.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
I think the game will be a mirror image of the two games already between the sides. THe case of whether we will win or not is a different one.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
i will not watch this one either, will be out but hopefully we win like all the other times that i didnt watch..

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I thought Arsene's problem was failing to give his players confidence against a team that is of very limited ability BUT I am noticing even amongst our own supporters who claim to know a bit about soccer there is a lot of overhyping of a Liverpool team that today does NOT even know how they got a draw last night. Look guys Liverpool did NOT plan to have Eboue miss an open goal nor did they plan to have Bendtner blocking a shot by Cesc with the assitant ref flagging for non existent offside neither did they plan for the ref to refuse Arsenal a clear penalty. What hapened yesterday is called plain bad luck on the part of Arsenal. Of cause certain people would want to convince you that everything went according to Benitez's carefully laid out plan or some magical play from Liverpool.

Liverpool just play the same whether in the champions League or league. Any coach should be able to motivate a team like Arsenal to beat Liverpool. Saturday should be a win if people simply play soccer. The resting players issue is all rubbish. These guys are proffessionals. In the world cup people play more games over the same time period.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Doesnt Alminium need a rest?

----------------The Mad German---------------
----Eboue-----Kolo------Sendo------Clichy--------
------------------Flamini-------------
Denilson-------Cesc---------------Hleb
----Adebayor----------Bendtner-----

Walcott should come in later for Hleb. Where the hell is Song?

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hleb should get a rest, but that's about it. We can't harm our chances of the title, as slim as they may be.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
How about Walcott getting a longer run in the second half then ..?Say a good 25 min run ..just to get his legs going ..?

·
Registered
42,849 Posts
Despite that he entered as a substitute, nevertheless it wasn't exactly late in proceedings when he done so, and his all-round game was impressive - I didn't get the impression he was effective due to his pace and directness and the tired legs of the opposition.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Simple Walcott can at least score while most of our midfield won't even shoot let alone score.

Going into the season a forward line of Ade, RVP, Eduardo and Bendtner is one Gooners could accept, there was enough goals in that foursome to win major trophies. What is not acceptable is a contingent of wingers that consist of a RB in Eboue, a non-scoring winger in Hleb, a massive sick note in Rosicky and CM in Diaby. Hell our back line of Gallas, Kolo, Senderos and Sagna seem more likely to score than our wide-man and that is simply unacceptable and a situation that must re rectified this summer. It's almost as if AW has forgotten the massive roles the likes of Overmars, Ljungberg and Pires played in our success over the years.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Simple Walcott can at least score while most of our midfield won't even shoot let alone score.

Going into the season a forward line of Ade, RVP, Eduardo and Bendtner is one Gooners could accept, there was enough goals in that foursome to win major trophies. What is not acceptable is a contingent of wingers that consist of a RB in Eboue, a non-scoring winger in Hleb, a massive sick note in Rosicky and CM in Diaby. Hell our back line of Gallas, Kolo, Senderos and Sagna seem more likely to score than our wide-man and that is simply unacceptable and a situation that must re rectified this summer. It's almost as if AW has forgotten the massive roles the likes of Overmars, Ljungberg and Pires played in our success over the years.
At least Hleb provides possession instead of goals which we can live with but the others are basically glorified CM's. I wonder what happened to Diaby's early season form when he was doing well on the left, same goes for Rosicky. Thought we had some strength there but that was obviously an illusion.

I hear that we are linked with more CM's etc. but we need wingers now. No more make-shift players, we need players who will run behind the defence.

Imagine if Cesc had more options than RVP and Ade to spray the ball to?

1 - 20 of 139 Posts