Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After what happened tonight this game will be a test in terms of attitude. Being over confident against a team fighting against relegation could end up dangerous. With United playing in the FA Cup this weekend, stretching the lead to four points will put much needed pressure on them to succeed. I'm hoping we get to see van Persie in some sort of action as well in this game. Having him back will add another dimension to the attack that has been missing this season.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
We're on TV. :thmbup:

The lads are on a high after knocking Milan out so I am looking forward to improving our goal difference.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Unfortunately we're not going to see excellent, flowing football as Wigan's pitch is worse than what you'd see at Conference level. It will be scrappy but I hope for a 0-2.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
looking forward to it, i hope vanpersie doesnt play, i want them to make sure he is completely healed, no point taking chances. hopefully theo gets a start, im sure he will, lets get a win!!

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
i think our bad luck run is over.. this could quite possibly be a turning point in our form. 3 points please. goals from ade. our form looks decent right now but we need to take more chances

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
We shouldn't rush Toure or RVP back for this game.

I'd rather we played Walcott against Wigan, he needs games against teams like this.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Not only Walcott. I thought we could also have Denilson wide right interchanging with Cesc with Hleb on the left. I am certain denilson on the wing wouldnt do worse than Diaby. Late on, we can pull out Flamini and Cesc whilst bringing in Gilberto and Bendtner.

----------------Almunia----------
Sagna----Gallas-----Sendo----Clichy
----------Flamini-------------------
------Denilson---Cesc-----Hleb-----
------Adebayor----Walcott---------

·
Registered
891 Posts
Could be a scrappy game again (Birmingham like..) But I don't think Wigan have been playing as well lately. We really need to win this one as our Prem form has not been too good of late hopefully the win against Milan will lift the boys too.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
If Van Persie is medically ready at 100%, he will start. Why not? Get his fitness up, you're not going to get easier games than Wigan (on paper, with all due respect).

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
my worry is that wigan will probably play physical, van persie should be eased into games, i think a start will be far too much for him at this point, i dont think he is ever 100% medically fit though!! when are the quarter final matches?

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
QF 1st leg is in the first week of April.

RVP doesn't have to complete 90 minutes, but he should aim for 60 minutes here. As long as it isn't a risk medically, let's push him as far as we can. In a few weeks we go to Chelsea and then have the QFs of the CL against a very tough team, so we need RVP match fit ASAP. The only way he is going to achieve that is to play matches.

·
Registered
891 Posts
RVP needs some playing time asap I think. No use waitng and then throwing him into the bigger games and expect him to perform when obviously he won't be match fit. Maybe not start him against Wigan but give him time off the bench.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
ARSENAL VERDICT: There can be little doubt that they are beginning to crack and you wonder whether the walls will tumble around Arsene Wenger if his side go out of the Champions League at the San Siro on Tuesday night. They are hanging on admirably, but look less like potential Premier League winners than ever. Verdict on ESPN after the Villa match from someone who calls himself The Insider. Cannot wait for us to shut up starting this weekend

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
RvP must play, how we could have done with him last night getting into so many shooting positions, the game would have been over by half time.

1 - 20 of 239 Posts