Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as I hate it, someone has to hook me up with the online feed because this game isn't going to be shown live in the UK :(.

Sunderland have signed a few good players this season like Malbranque and Cisse and will be more difficult to break down compared to last season. If the Arsenal players show the same desire to win as they did against Porto then another three points should be obtained in this fixture. After losing two games already this season against opponents that shouldn't really be close causing that much trouble means that a winning momentum streak needs to happen in October because November does look like a tough month with matches against United, City, Chelsea and Villa.

Now that Nasri is back, I expect the same line up as they one against Porto on Tuesday.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
As much as I hate it, someone has to hook me up with the online feed because this game isn't going to be shown live in the UK :(.
You can come to my house if you want, Benj. :D

Now that Nasri is back, I expect the same line up as they one against Porto on Tuesday.
I am not too sure about it, I think AW will rotate a bit and I can see Theo and Van Persie on the bench with Eboue and Bendtner starting. Actually, speaking of our bench it's a lot more refreshing these days. I mean it's good to know that we have impact players like Bendtner and Vela, plus Eduardo and Rosicky coming back. Our depth is actually quite good - the problem is can our players stay fit? The reason we sometimes look like we lack depth is simply because there's always 4-5 players injured at the same time.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speaking of players coming back, has anyone read or watched anything on Diaby. Wenger did say just before the start of the season that he would be out a month maximum and it is now October.

·
Registered
42,849 Posts
It was said by one member that despite the positive nature of the result against Porto, the defeat against Hull still hurts a lot. I still feel this, very much, so I still feel the club balancing itself, oh so unsteadily... so this fixture carries some immense importance when it comes to regaining some stability as this season progresses.

15:00? I hope I can catch this.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
at least we're not hit by a big injury cloud this week, unlike chelsea, now they know how it feels to have a billion important players injured, only difference is they can replace them with another world class player unlike us.

stadium of light is a hard place to play, i think we'll struggle. 2-1. i expect RVP to play 60mins, score 1 goal and off to the bench. haha

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
A very important game! A must win! No philosophy needed! Just a win!:stuckup:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Sunderland are nothing, despite Keane spending more than a small nation, if we are professional and focused we will blast them off the pitch.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
if we dont win this, **** the EPL, we're going to keep falling behind. lets go for CL and FA Cup.

Speaking of players coming back, has anyone read or watched anything on Diaby. Wenger did say just before the start of the season that he would be out a month maximum and it is now October.
oh yeh i forgot about that guy, this season was supposively his "breakthrough" season. well i guess not anymore.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Sunderland have looked pretty poor every time I've seen them this season, so there's no reason why we can't win.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts

"Diaby is very close now. He is two weeks or one week away. I think after the international break Diaby is ready to play."

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
You can come to my house if you want, Benj. :D

I am not too sure about it, I think AW will rotate a bit and I can see Theo and Van Persie on the bench with Eboue and Bendtner starting. Actually, speaking of our bench it's a lot more refreshing these days. I mean it's good to know that we have impact players like Bendtner and Vela, plus Eduardo and Rosicky coming back. Our depth is actually quite good - the problem is can our players stay fit? The reason we sometimes look like we lack depth is simply because there's always 4-5 players injured at the same time.
Eboue is not an impact player? All kidding aside, Eboue has improved 100% from last season. He is even getting into the score sheet now. I think Vela and Bendtner have grown leaps and bounds as well. Vela looks like he's going to score in every game just like Eduardo.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
It was said by one member that despite the positive nature of the result against Porto, the defeat against Hull still hurts a lot. I still feel this, very much, so I still feel the club balancing itself, oh so unsteadily... so this fixture carries some immense importance when it comes to regaining some stability as this season progresses.

15:00? I hope I can catch this.
The loss against Hull hurts only because we are superior to them on paper, but if you watch how they play closely you'd notice that they play like a well organized eastern european team. Adebayor got a legitimate goal disallowed early on in the game. If that goal would've counted we would've had part of the first and the entire second half to put away that game. Geovanni's goal was awesome but I was disappointed that no one bothered to close him down. The Cousin goal was also a byproduct of Gallas falling asleep and a thoroughly planned set piece. In closing. The loss was horrible but I don't feel that bad anymore as Hull will strip points from other top four teams. They're like a revitalized Bolton. Plus their players are all busting their asses to stay up and earn a good pay packet.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Sunderland have looked pretty poor every time I've seen them this season, so there's no reason why we can't win.
I thought Sunderland was good at the very beginning of the season but they've looked poor ever since. They have a pretty weak midfield with Reed and they don't look likely to score eventhough they have Cisse and other quality strikers.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
expect a win. But what we will get who knows?? one week were good the next shite.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Sunderland are indeed a tough oponent, especially at home.

They have a hungry coach in Roy Keane and I expect a real battle on the field.

However, if Arsenal plays its own game than it should be a win after all.

·
Gooner
6,780 Posts
Tough game. The stadium of light is probably the loudest stadium in the EPL and it can get a bit intimidating. They have a few players who will kick us about so we have to stand up for ourselves like we did at Bolton. We need a win badly after the Hull shock so I think we'l nick it 2-1.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts