Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 259 Posts

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
Judging by how we played today. we're going to get flogged.

dont care about EPL anymore, we're pretty much thrown it away and lost games because of the ****ing officials.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Likely table going into this decisive weekend;

1. Man Utd 70
2. Arsenal 67
3. Chelsea 67

---------------------------------------------------

Chelsea have a hard game at Spurs on Wednesday night, so they may be a couple of points behind us. But I've put them on 67 points assuming the worst case scenario. Man United have Bolton at home so I'd be shocked if they don't win and go three points clear.

I can't wait for next weekend. We can't go top as United have a superior goal difference, but with a Liverpool win we can move level on points in 1st place as long as we beat Chelsea.

If we lose at Chelsea and United beat Liverpool, we'll be six points behind them and it's bye bye to our title hopes.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
the 9 games 9 finals thread is not going as planned here.

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
Wait. So if we ended up tied with points with United for first place in the end could we top them only if we had won at Old Trafford or gotten higher then a 2-2 draw?

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wait. So if we ended up tied with points with United for first place in the end could we top them only if we had won at Old Trafford or gotten higher then a 2-2 draw?
No, head-to-head is La Liga only.

In the EPL, if two teams are level on points it goes down to goal difference.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Lol I thought it was do or die last game. How many lives we get? :pp

Logically it doesn't look good. Chelsea are hitting form at the right time when we have tailed off. Their home record is immense but there is always hope. This is THE Arsenal :stuckup:

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Chelsea really aren't all that under Grant. It's by no means an easy game but I'm relatively confident. In fact I think it's good in a way that we've got a big game next because it seems like it's going to take a big match (and hopefully a big win) to inject us with some momentum because we're very subdued at the moment.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
We are gonna raise our game for sure. We did the same in San Siro and we going to come back with full throttle. I have no doubts about that.

It's just maybe we are tad late :depress:

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
This is the most difficult game of the season, even more difficult than going to Old Trafford because Chelsea simply don't lose at home.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
well if that streak is going to end this is as good as any to do it.

A lot of questions will be asked of Grant and if he can win a big game but the Chelsea players will be extremely motivated to get a result.

hopefully this will be on TV in the US.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmm...team selection speculation. I think a 4-5-1 here is more or less set in stone, as it usually tends to be for the big games. I don't think RvP will start this one, it's going to be fierce and competitive, and his body is not at 100% yet.

Almunia

Sagna - Gallas - Toure - Clichy

Eboue - Cesc - Flamini - Diaby

Hleb

Adebayor​

------------------------------

Same team as in the San Siro...let's hope they play half as good!

If Diaby doesn't recover on time, it'll probably be Van Persie out wide on the left as Wenger has little choice.

We need a big performance, there's nothing like a win over Chelsea to get things back on track.

·
Registered
42,849 Posts
The only thing that gives me some hope is to pause for thought that a team inferior from the one we see before us almost claimed victory at this very ground. Snap crackle and pop [I place emphasis on the first word] was achieved at the San Siro, so perhaps we can have ourselves some more snap crackle and pop at Stamford Bridge. How silly does that sound, I do believe the heat is frying my brain.

·
Registered
42,849 Posts
Rice krispies, I'm not familiar with that name. I had corn pops in mind, although I wouldn't say I'm a big fan of them. They're OK and I have them from time to time, although there's many other cereals I prefer, such as corn flakes, fruit loops and fruity bits.

After Tim Cahill scored against Japan, the commentator Simon Hill remarked 'he did have his Weet Bix this morning'.

Hopefully our players will consume their fill of the stuff.

I'm glad my mind wanders so much. If it didn't I doubt I would of been able to conjure that escape to somewhat relevance. Then again, if my mind didn't wander, this post wouldn't of existed at all.

Eat your Weet-Bix, team.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
i would like to see this

------------almunia------------
-sagna--gallas--toure--clichy--
--hleb--cesc--flamini--diaby--
----RVP--------adebayor----

but realistically what M4 posted above would be realistic with "sigh..." eboue on the RW.

honestly, i dont feel confident in this match. chelsea are in good form and we're goign downhill. it would be a huge surprsie if manure lost at home to pool and we won. what i can picture is man dropping points against pool but we dont take the advantage and we drop points too. argh

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
we will beat them! mark my words!

·
Registered
42,849 Posts
Actually, I'm stupidly setting some stall to those words as whenever you're as bold as someone sticking their arse out of a car window :pp, I notice results tend to go our way.

1 - 20 of 259 Posts